Cover Bar

Riiquiem

Hi folks,

Personally, I don't have any idea how that could be of any use at all...

Please state your opinions, if you use it please post your keybinds and skills (screenshot).

TY

lots of uses... i use it

there are only shots that are for kneeling down... that is what i only have the cover bar.. so basically it frees up room for other stuff on the regular bar that you wouldnt have room for if you put the cover required shots.

use your imagination on the rest pretty much... aimed shot, speed shot, charged burst, sab charge are only from cover.. no point in having those on your regular bar

lots of uses... i use it

there are only shots that are for kneeling down... that is what i only have the cover bar.. so basically it frees up room for other stuff on the regular bar that you wouldnt have room for if you put the cover required shots.

Oh really? ... Guys please that's why I asked for a screenshot.

I know it's supposed to work this way but it doesn't.

One bar is not enough to hold all the skills you need in and out of cover.

When using cover bar you actually divide your stuff into 3 sections.

Bar for cover

Bar out of cover

Bar for both

"Bar out of cover" gets replaced by cover bar, meaning you lose all the skills in it.

But cover bar do not have enough space to hold the cover-only skills AND the things that got lost.

So you need your third bar with skills which you use in both states.

Problem is, there are too many skills you use in and out of cover so you can't put all of them into one bar.

I hope you got what I'm trying to say...

Thank you for your response tho

Bar for cover

Bar out of cover

Bar for both

"Bar out of cover" gets replaced by cover bar, meaning you lose all the skills in it.

But cover bar do not have enough space to hold the cover-only skills AND the things that got lost.

Problem is, there are too many skills you use in and out of cover so you can't put all of them into one bar.

see this is where i dont understand how you dont have enough room? what do you have on your out of cover bar?

and what do you have on the one for both?

you get 4 complete bars... i use all 4 and the cover bar

could you please just make 2 screenshots..... 1 when in cover and 1 when out of cover.

this would make things a lot easier to explain.

wow ok

here you go

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/Beyaco420/Images/Screenshot_2012-06-25_13_00_32_104679.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/Beyaco420/Images/Screenshot_2012-06-25_13_00_26_273345.jpg

i am setup for dirty fighting... so you can figure out the rest

Bar for cover

Bar out of cover

Bar for both

I get what you mean. Later tonight I will submit my screens. Here is how I manage my abilities. For ease lets abbreviate: cover bar=CB; quickbar 1 (out of cover)=QB1 (1-12); quick bar 2=QB2 (alt/shift/ctrl 1-12)

To make switching to cover not a shocker, especially when switching specs, both my CB and my QB2 are hybrid, that is I have both cover and non-cover abilities. On QB2, I have cover and non-cover abilities that I wish to know the CD, and I use frequently, like Quick Draw, Speed Shot, Flyby, Illegal Mods.. etc

In QB1, I have zero cover abilities. This bar has most of my main kiting abilities like flurry shot, dots, blaster whip, CC's, leg shot, interrupt, defense screen. Because I have some of my cover abilities in my QB2, I can then make my QB1 and CB almost identical such that I only replace a few cover abilities for some any-cover abilities. For example, I replace Flurry Shots with Sabotage Charge, or Blaster Whip with Pulse Detonator.

End result, when I switch to cover, I am not flipping the whole bar over, I'm only switching out 2-4 abilities because the rest are of my cover abilities are always up on QB2.

Later tonight I will submit my screens.

Riiquiem, post up your bars too.

@Safgril

dude are you kidding me....

can some1 who takes this serious answer please?

? who is gonna take you seriuosly when you have that attitude... i am not a marksman i am set up for dirty fighting...

and serious about what? I have most of that stuff hot keyed? so what is teh seriousness you are talking about?

i have the ones that are ONLY COVER ONLY on the cover bar... the other stuff is on what i can use on BOTH below

i fit everything on my bar that I NEED...

how about tell me what is so bad about my setup.. YOU are the one who cant fit eveyrthing... LOL

? who is gonna take you seriuosly when you have that attitude... i am not a marksman i am set up for dirty fighting...

and serious about what? I have most of that stuff hot keyed? so what is teh seriousness you are talking about?

i have the ones that are ONLY COVER ONLY on the cover bar... the other stuff is on what i can use on BOTH below

i fit everything on my bar that I NEED...

how about tell me what is so bad about my setup.. YOU are the one who cant fit eveyrthing... LOL

I already deleted that... your both posts showed that cover bar is quite useless.

You can use it but it only has a very minor effect...

It doesn't matter which spec you use, don't know why you bring that up.

You do understand that the cover bar is not always shown, it only appears when you are in cover... so no, if you do not use the cover ability, you will not use the cover bar. But if you do not use the cover ability, you will not use the attacks that utilizes it.

So both OP and repliers are both correct. It is useless if you dont use cover, but if you use cover it gives you an extra bar to sort commands that do utilize the Cover ability.

I already deleted that... your both posts showed that cover bar is quite useless.

You can use it but it only has a very minor effect...

It doesn't matter which spec you use, don't know why you bring that up.

if you look at my cover i use up the full bar... on the cover bar...

now if you look at the OUT OF COVER bar.. there is a slot or two for you to add stuff into that gives you space.. if i truly wanted to change something.. I GOT ROOM FOR IT....but since i got everything i need for MY SPEC... i dont need those...

for somebody like you who needs room.. its there... there are 5 skills that you only need on the cover bar.. that gives you 5 free ones out of cover... aimed shot... speed shot... charged burst... sab charge... and smugglers luck... now i use 2 of them for my relic and my grenade both of which have a long timer. if i needed something else then i would do it... i could even put the huttball throw skill on there if i really wanted to....

also my surrender skill... its a snare break for me... but again i have it hotkeyed so its fine where its at

You do understand that the cover bar is not always shown, it only appears when you are in cover... so no, if you do not use the cover ability, you will not use the cover bar. But if you do not use the cover ability, you will not use the attacks that utilizes it.

So both OP and repliers are both correct. It is useless if you dont use cover, but if you use cover it gives you an extra bar to sort commands that do utilize the Cover ability.

click

Edit: I just realized you really mean that. Well thanks for your help but yea... see above

Oh and my UI, Fusillade <3

Edit2: I never said I need space. I'm totally fine with my key management, SWTOR is not a game which requires much magic there^^ compared to other mmos that actually do need some more fingers on your hand than just 5

Edit3: Safgril, thank you I guess but you are totally off the road. The fact that you are only replacing 4 skills by using cover bar and leave all the other skills the same makes you quite uninteresting for me, sry

Edit4: One last thing Safgril, your pics are 800x500?! ***?

Edited by Riiquiem

click

Edit: I just realized you really mean that. Well thanks for your help but yea... see above

Oh and my UI, Fusillade <3

Edit2: I never said I need space. I'm totally fine with my key management, SWTOR is not a game which requires much magic there^^ compared to other mmos that actually do need some more fingers on your hand than just 5

Edit3: Safgril, thank you I guess but you are totally off the road. The fact that you are only replacing 4 skills by using cover bar and leave all the other skills the same makes you quite uninteresting for me, sry

Edit4: One last thing Safgril, your pics are 800x500?! ***?

see i dont need 5 bars showing... only 4... takes up less space and quite frankly i dont need it all over the screen like that

so your opinion doesnt matter to me... i use the cover you dont... it disappears when i am not in cover... you are using it as a whole another bar... i am NOT.. i have it disppear when i DONT NEED IT

so because you dont use it.. does not mean others do not use it... i simply said I USE IT AND IT IS NOT USELESS... understand?

i dont need your approval

see i dont need 5 bars showing... only 4... takes up less space and quite frankly i dont need it all over the screen like that

so your opinion doesnt matter to me... i use the cover you dont... it disappears when i am not in cover... you are using it as a whole another bar... i am NOT.. i have it disppear when i DONT NEED IT

so because you dont use it.. does not mean others do not use it... i simply said I USE IT AND IT IS NOT USELESS... understand?

i dont need your approval

I don't even have words for that.. DUDE PLS WAKE UP! As I said before, you are totally of the right track, you obviously have absolutely no idea what I'm talkin about. Just let go.

Btw, i dont use 5 bars.

I don't even have words for that.. DUDE PLS WAKE UP! As I said before, you are totally of the right track, you obviously have absolutely no idea what I'm talkin about. Just let go.

Btw, i dont use 5 bars.

well then dont say anything because obviously you do... either way... i dont need to wake up... you asked and WE gave an answer.. you didnt like the answer... face it

well then dont say anything because obviously you do... either way... i dont need to wake up... you asked and WE gave an answer.. you didnt like the answer... face it

no.. Fusillade did, you did not. Please compare your posts to his and maybe you will understand what I am aiming for.. 'cause Fusillade knows.

no.. Fusillade did, you did not. Please compare your posts to his and maybe you will understand what I am aiming for.. 'cause Fusillade knows.

last time i checked you are in the GUNSLINGER FORUMS... in all 3 trees you need cover... including dirty fighting... if you dont.. then it is you who is doing somethign wrong...

either way, its not useless... i did show you why.. i showed you how 4 skills that i dont have showing when i am not in cover showing u how much space i get for using the cover bar...

again.. not useless...

also let me quote you:

Hi folks,

Personally, I don't have any idea how that could be of any use at all...

Please state your opinions, if you use it please post your keybinds and skills (screenshot).

TY

in bold you said useless.. i said no its not...

in red... you said state my opinion... i did.. i use it... YOU dont want to accept it... plain and simple

Edited by Safgril

Hey Riiquiem, just thought I'd weigh in on this.

I might have screenshots later, but I'll briefly explain first.

I don't use the cover bar on my Gunslinger. I am not sure what the point of it is with the Gunslinger, seeing as how much of our time is spent in cover and we need all of our skills without having to leave lol. I would hate if a skill I needed wasn't on my cover bar and I was sitting on a high perch in Huttball. Standing up in Huttball = Warrior leaping up to me, screwing my team.

That being said, I do use the cover bar on my Scoundrel. Most of the time, I am running around and punching people, not sitting in cover. Because of that, I keep only my most important skills from my main bar on my cover bar, and the rest is purely ranged cover-based abilities.

Does that make sense? I can provide screenshots if needed, but I don't have that many abilities yet lol.

I use the cover bar and I find it VERY helpful. You may only need it for 4 abilities or so but when every slot of every quick bar is full it makes a big difference from a convenience standpoint (I have slots for pvp, slots for legacy abilities, slots medpacks, adrenals, etc). Plus you can reduce the number of keys you have to keybind.

For instance, I have my 2 key bound to take cover on my normal bar. When the cover bar pops up, this is mapped to Charged Bursts. Makes it really simple for my rotation, I can just start off by hitting 2 twice. The nice thing about this is that it doesn't mess you up for those people that get their action confused between the two bars. When I'm out of cover hitting that 2 when I need a charged burst is necessary. There are a few combat abilties that are the same on both my normal bar and my cover bar, again, so I don't get the two confused. Also, some things you don't need to see when you're in combat, so those things go on my normal bar. Stuff like Quick Travel, whatever that rest abiltiy is called for healing after combat, etc.

I don't see how you can say the cover bar is useless. The only way I can see that is if you aren't using all your action bars and even then it's usefull because the main bar and cover bar are centered and easy to use. I don't have to have a crazy key bind or have to excessively move my mouse over to click on one of the side action bars (even though I've moved these to be adjacent to my 2 main bars). All my abiltiies are nicely grouped close together for an easy rotation.

I use the cover bar and I find it VERY helpful. You may only need it for 4 abilities or so but when every slot of every quick bar is full it makes a big difference from a convenience standpoint (I have slots for pvp, slots for legacy abilities, slots medpacks, adrenals, etc). Plus you can reduce the number of keys you have to keybind.

For instance, I have my 2 key bound to take cover on my normal bar. When the cover bar pops up, this is mapped to Charged Bursts. Makes it really simple for my rotation, I can just start off by hitting 2 twice. The nice thing about this is that it doesn't mess you up for those people that get their action confused between the two bars. When I'm out of cover hitting that 2 when I need a charged burst is necessary. There are a few combat abilties that are the same on both my normal bar and my cover bar, again, so I don't get the two confused. Also, some things you don't need to see when you're in combat, so those things go on my normal bar. Stuff like Quick Travel, whatever that rest abiltiy is called for healing after combat, etc.

I don't see how you can say the cover bar is useless. The only way I can see that is if you aren't using all your action bars and even then it's usefull because the main bar and cover bar are centered and easy to use. I don't have to have a crazy key bind or have to excessively move my mouse over to click on one of the side action bars (even though I've moved these to be adjacent to my 2 main bars). All my abiltiies are nicely grouped close together for an easy rotation.

Thanks for your reply. Also I'd like you to upload screenis of your bars when in and out of cover :)

Hi.

Please be aware that a number of posts have been removed from this thread because the rudeness and general tone of this thread was beginning to get out of control.

If necessary, please review the Rules of Conduct before continuing to participate in this discussion. You can find our Rules of Conduct here:

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct/

At this time, please feel free to continue discussing this topic. However, further rude/insulting behavior could lead to this thread's closure.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.