Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

I'm just hoping for the ability to transfer characters from an NA server to a EU one.

I doubt that will ever be offered. Even WoW didn't cater for that kinda transfer.

Edited by Sauska

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be waiting until they can unlock more character slots, since roughly half the people complaining they want paid transfers are also complaining about having more than 8 toons. Personally, I hope they open up more slots when they release the Cathar as a playable race since I already have 8 toons. Would make sense to open up paid transfers at the same time.

Might be waiting until they can unlock more character slots, since roughly half the people complaining they want paid transfers are also complaining about having more than 8 toons. Personally, I hope they open up more slots when they release the Cathar as a playable race since I already have 8 toons. Would make sense to open up paid transfers at the same time.

This was my fear too, for the same reason. Most people complaining about paid transfers also complain about character slots.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they don't wait on character slot additions, because that will make paid transfers take so much longer, and there's almost no work that needs to be done to make paid transfers work.

No, Bioware doesn't need to figure out how to charge a credit card, that's an asinine thing to say, as one other poster implied.

Edited by E-Zekiel

I would gladly pay to be able to transfer my chars from their current sever which has over an hour queue to another server wher i have started some new characters.

Sure i would love it to be free, but right now i would deffo pay for it.

This was my fear too, for the same reason. Most people complaining about paid transfers also complain about character slots.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they don't wait on character slot additions, because that will make paid transfers take so much longer, and there's almost no work that needs to be done to make paid transfers work.

Eh, I get why they'd do it all at once, as it's probably built into the same framework. Though with my luck, they'll release the Cathar without opening up new slots and I'll either have to wait for additional slots to roll up a new character or will roll on another server and join the chorus of people clamoring for paid transfers.

Just give them time. Bioware needs to figure out how to charge your credit card in order to give you the paid transfer. This stuff takes time. If they haven't gotten this implemented by next year then maybe you can complain but right now you have no point.

I gave enough time in general, like i said, this isnt the only issue in the game, its getting ridiculous.

I gave enough time in general, like i said, this isnt the only issue in the game, its getting ridiculous.

Yea!

I give them 1/2 year and I'm still waiting ~ 45 min just to enter in game?

I love Star wars ... but dooms day approaching ... 28.8.2012

Well, my guess is they're deciding what to do about the full servers.

The Harbringer has 45 minute - 60 minute queues every night but as soon as transfers open, I am moving all my characters there. I will happily sit in a 3 hour queue to get off this ridiculously one-sided PvP server.

Eh, I get why they'd do it all at once, as it's probably built into the same framework. Though with my luck, they'll release the Cathar without opening up new slots and I'll either have to wait for additional slots to roll up a new character or will roll on another server and join the chorus of people clamoring for paid transfers.

Oh, I get it too but I feel people have just been waiting way too long.

Well, my guess is they're deciding what to do about the full servers.

The Harbringer has 45 minute - 60 minute queues every night but as soon as transfers open, I am moving all my characters there. I will happily sit in a 3 hour queue to get off this ridiculously one-sided PvP server.

I guess that's a fair point too, and I hope you might be right. This will take considerably less time than developing character slot additions and potential microtransaction/services store to go along with it.

They will come when they come. Geezus. We are only human. One thing at a time. Society nowadays lacks patience. I NEED IT NOW!!! ***?!?!?!?!

Lolz :)

Society these days expect modern technology to be modern. Transfers are a feature that existed long before this game came out, it's reasonable to expect them at launch. Now we have seen that they can do it and you still don't have the option for a paid transfer. Years behind, not a lack of patience.

And what new release title (on noes ... not another one!) is getting mole marketed this time?

GW2 I think. Which may totally flop. But from what I have seen I like a lot of the features. Of course they could pull a Bioware and pull a lot of stuff for launch...

And what new release title (on noes ... not another one!) is getting mole marketed this time?

Guild Wars 2, and as much as I love Guild Wars and have been waiting for years to play GW2, that game is going to have an entire s***-storm heading its way by the general community.

well, they just spent a crap load of time implementing a strategy to improve sever populations, so why would they allow us to screw that up. Once they introduce paid transfers, then that gives us (the player base) the ability to control something. Any time you give the player base the ability to control something, we have and always will ruin everything. So, no, i do not support paid xfers right now....

Society these days expect modern technology to be modern. Transfers are a feature that existed long before this game came out, it's reasonable to expect them at launch. Now we have seen that they can do it and you still don't have the option for a paid transfer. Years behind, not a lack of patience.
I want my Cadillac CTS-V with a LMP racing engine. They're both Cadillac products right? So shouldn't the Le Mans powerplant be available for my new CTS? I mean, it should drop right in with minimal modifications whatsoever! They did it in 2006, so why can't they do it NOW? I read somewhere in a blog that they're working on, oh wow - they have a prototype? Why can't I get one? Huh? What do you mean they aren't street legal? Shoulda been street legal already because both Chevy and Ford have Daytona prototypes I can order. Jeezus Cadillac is so years behind. Oh, those aren't street legal either? Well then let's compare ...

Meh. Let's not.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Because all things considered they should be FREE, within limits as part of the monthly subscription.

Users have taken alot on the chin already, Personally I think charging or trying to charge for it is a little cheecky, Bioware need to be putting up the bar considerably higher on what they are putting out before many would swallow it I think.

Guild Wars 2, and as much as I love Guild Wars and have been waiting for years to play GW2, that game is going to have an entire s***-storm heading its way by the general community.
I have a feeling there will never again be an MMO that is immune. Astroturfing is just too prevalent. Best we can hope for is that new games come out in such rapid succession that water armies won't be able to camp anywhere. Edited by GalacticKegger

well, they just spent a crap load of time implementing a strategy to improve sever populations, so why would they allow us to screw that up. Once they introduce paid transfers, then that gives us (the player base) the ability to control something. Any time you give the player base the ability to control something, we have and always will ruin everything. So, no, i do not support paid xfers right now....

Looks like you don't know how paid transfers would be like. Paidtransfers=only allowed to transfer to standard population server or more, ur not allowed to transfer to light servers or dead servers that bioware will eventually shutdown.

If they don't have an exact date, timeframe or specifics then they can't announce them.

Not sure where you have been this last month, but Bioware transferred hundreds of thousands of characters in a little over a week. Very smoothly I might add.

Bioware has demonstrated they have the code, they have the capability, they the procedure, and they have the specifics. Instead of BW forcing the destination server on us, we pay them to let us choose which destination server we would like to add our characters.

Very simple. Doesn't take an insider to figure this out. Sorry Dude.

Edited by Graydon

Is that a want or a need. If it's a need, then why?

The NEED: I have 6 toons sitting on a DEAD server. If I transfer to the "designated" server, I will have to DELETE 4 toons.

Would like to transfer to a server, where that wouldn't happen.

Edited by Roalmo

Not sure where you have been this last month, but Bioware transferred hundreds of thousands of characters in a little over a week. Very smoothly I might add.

Bioware has demonstrated they have the code, they have the capability, they the procedure, and they have the specifics. Instead of BW forcing the destination server on us, we pay them to let us choose which destination server we would like to add our characters.

Very simple. Doesn't take an insider to figure this out. Sorry Dude.

It did indeed go quite smoothly. There are probably a lot of logistical loose ends that need to be tied up first before they open the floodgates - stragglers for one.

Is that a want or a need. If it's a need, then why?

Sigh...

It's a very reasonable consumer demand....a very popular one too. Most of SWTOR competitors offer this service.

Why is it a need? Why is it a want? Dude, did ya read the OP???