Darth Tyranus in Episode I

FearghalC

So I've been reading up on my Star Wars, and apparently Count Dooku was a Jedi Master serving on the council in Episode one. Why was he not in the movie?

If he was going to be becoming a Darth under Sidious, surely he should have been in the movie as a Jedi Master.

Dooku left the order in 32 BBY http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dooku#Leaving_the_Order Episode 1 takes place during 32 BBY. I am assuming that the events listed on this page are in chronological order: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/32_BBY#Events

Listed right after the peace celebration at Theed is Dooku leaves the Jedi Order. Dooku left the Jedi Order either at the conclusion of Episode 1 off screen or right after Episode 1 finished.

So I've been reading up on my Star Wars, and apparently Count Dooku was a Jedi Master serving on the council in Episode one. Why was he not in the movie?

If he was going to be becoming a Darth under Sidious, surely he should have been in the movie as a Jedi Master.

Maybe they didn't plan that far yet while they were working on Episode III...

I was under the impression Dooku left due to the death of Qui-Gon. It just surprised me that he was not on the Jedi council when Qui-Gon approached them regarding Anakin. I think if he would have been on the council, and defended Qui-Gon (his apprentice) then his turning to the dark side would have been an even bigger :eek: Edited by FearghalC

I was under the impression Dooku left due to the death of Qui-Gon. It just surprised me that he was not on the Jedi council when Qui-Gon approached them regarding Anakin. I think if he would have been on the council, and defended Qui-Gon (his apprentice) then his turning to the dark side would have been an even bigger :eek:

Technically, he was on the Council...

This has to have been explained in-universe somehow after it was decided Dooku was on the Council. I cannot imagine Leland Chee not addressing this one.

Edited by Ravager

Technically, he was on the Council...

This has to have been explained in-universe somehow after it was decided Dooku was on the Council. I cannot imagine Leland Chee not addressing this one.

Dooku ate a bad nerf steak and was in the 'fresher with the runs during that council session.

There, problem solved.

Nope, read the Darth Plageius(sp?) novel or the related Wookipedia article, it gives a great explanation of Dooku's place in the galaxy at the time right before and during Episode 1.