Good day everyone!

So I've been a 50 for a while, but I've just been dilly-dallying, dailies and what not. After getting some earpieces and implants from the daily vendors, I think I'm ready to tackle some hard modes to get PVE gear. However, I don't know what gear to bring. I bought the full PVP recruit set, believing it to be the best gear for me. However, I was told that a full orange set with purple mods would be better for hard modes. I would like to get a confirmation on this. Personally, I'd rather wear my custom outfit, less dress and hood, but I want to make sure it's effective. Thanks in advance!

Good day everyone!

So I've been a 50 for a while, but I've just been dilly-dallying, dailies and what not. After getting some earpieces and implants from the daily vendors, I think I'm ready to tackle some hard modes to get PVE gear. However, I don't know what gear to bring. I bought the full PVP recruit set, believing it to be the best gear for me. However, I was told that a full orange set with purple mods would be better for hard modes. I would like to get a confirmation on this. Personally, I'd rather wear my custom outfit, less dress and hood, but I want to make sure it's effective. Thanks in advance!

A full orange set with purple mods from dailies will be a bit better. Have you checked out this guide I wrote? It has a nice PvE progression for new 50s :D

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=409021