Please leave Project as it is.

Eggsalicious

Good players know the multitude of reasons why it's better with a delay than without.

The current community rhetoric is primarily about the animation, which suggests either that said community doesn't understand mechanics or believes they're less important than cosmetics. They're not.

The viability of several specs is based on the controlled burst afforded by the delay on Project.

~Sig

Good players know the multitude of reasons why it's better with a delay than without.

The current community rhetoric is primarily about the animation, which suggests either that said community doesn't understand mechanics or believes they're less important than cosmetics. They're not.

The viability of several specs is based on the controlled burst afforded by the delay on Project.

~Sig

lol. really.

There are many threads about this already. The new animation sucks, but Bioware doesn't care.

They haven't even bothered to change the Scoundrel/Operative proc sound even after they've received multiple complaints. The "Grapple" audio is far more irritating.

They also haven't bother improving the force wave delay, which is far more serious- especially in pvp.

There are many threads about this already. The new animation sucks, but Bioware doesn't care.

They haven't even bothered to change the Scoundrel/Operative proc sound even after they've received multiple complaints. The "Grapple" audio is far more irritating.

They also haven't bother improving the force wave delay, which is far more serious- especially in pvp.

BW doesn't care about Pub. End of story, All the solutions they put out for our problems are poorly conceived, under-thought-out, pieces of crap. They take the quick way out instead of amiable solutions.

EXAMPLE Don't take away the scoundrel laugh, put in a toggle and make it so only the player can hear it.

EXAMPLE They took away Corso's Harpoon. You have Bowdaar for a melee tank, but the scoundrel abilities, especially leveling as a healer, is far more fluent with Corso's harpoon.

EXAMPLE This awful animation with project to "fix" the mirroring issue. The best solution I've ever seen is making Disturbance instant and make project have a cast bar, the animation is just to good to change.

EXAMPLE I don't pvp but I can see how the delay on force wave would be annoying. I started an Inquisitor only lvl 6 right now. But the push back for them has a delay also, i think, going off a memory a week old here.

EXAMPLE Field Respec, same as respeccing on fleet, the EXACT same,expect you can do it anywhere. Dual spec would be A LOT better. I never even heard anyone asking for a field respec type option. (This is both factions, but still an example of BWs ineffectiveness)

not sure what your suggesting there, a casting bar on project, and make it like disturbance ? - yeah, that would really mirror the ability up quite well with our mirror classes wouldn't it ! ^^ I read some one mentioned, keep old animation, and make damage instant. This sounds right for me to !

not sure what your suggesting there, a casting bar on project, and make it like disturbance ? - yeah, that would really mirror the ability up quite well with our mirror classes wouldn't it ! ^^ I read some one mentioned, keep old animation, and make damage instant. This sounds right for me to !

NO, that's not what is being said. Make disturbance instant, and therefor the mirrored ability. Keep Project how it is, just give it a cast bar that lasts the length of the animation.

Edited by Ramahospitality

You take the Disturbance animation, tweak it abit so it is instacast, and REPLACE the old project with it. Then you take the old project animation, and use it for the disturbance skill. That way, Project gets an activation timer, so you can conjure the junk, spin it in the air, and then have it fly to the target. Its delay is accomodated by the activation timer. The animation gets the TIME it needs for the junk to be conjured and tossed. Get it?

There are also 4 other options, all in the game already...

1) Saber throw. Upheaval would give up to 45% for a quick boomerang double hit. Getting a saber throw at level one, and having the finesse to double strike with the saber throw would set that skill apart from the knight classes version...just like consulars get saber strikes that are pretty vanilla compared to what knights get, consulars saber throws should make knights look pretty vanilla.

2) Force Burst. Ashara's version. Inquisitor jedi companion. Instant skill. Looks great. Seen it used sided by side with my shock a million times. Looks as good or better than shock and is truly instant.

3) Force Burst. Raina's version. Agent companion. Instant skill. Looks good...beefed up version of "force blow up a container" that we have all seen a million times. Works well...and again, based off of a force push concept.

4) Force Tremor. Kira's skill, Knight companion. Instant, quick version of force quake. Looks good, is fast, and meshes well with the other telekinetic skills, like force quake, that come later.

All these work great in any environment and are better than junk tossing.

Edited by Dyvim

For all I care, give it no animation so long as it's instant. It's too clutch in pvp. I made an assassin recently and shock amazed me at level one. It simply works. It does damage when I push the button. I almost cried.

The new animation is ridiculously awful. BW seems to have given in to all the whining PvPers who complained about it. The original animation has become iconic in such a short time, and to take it away reeks of indifference. Just my two cents.

The new animation is ridiculously awful. BW seems to have given in to all the whining PvPers who complained about it. The original animation has become iconic in such a short time, and to take it away reeks of indifference. Just my two cents.

Does project even have a place in PVE DPS rotations? My sage is a healer and mainly for pvp, so I was one of the pvp complainers but honestly, I can't recall project really being used much in PVE to begin with.

Does project even have a place in PVE DPS rotations? My sage is a healer and mainly for pvp, so I was one of the pvp complainers but honestly, I can't recall project really being used much in PVE to begin with.

Yes, it does. I play a TK Sage so it's not as important for me but for Shadows it is. I use project in my rotation and like to use it when I have to move around a lot.

You take the Disturbance animation, tweak it abit so it is instacast, and REPLACE the old project with it. Then you take the old project animation, and use it for the disturbance skill.

I'd like to keep Project on my Shadow, thank you very much.

They should have just added a delay to Shock instead of this crap. The problem wasn't Project's delay, the problem was Project's delay compared to Shock's lack of delay. Now they've turned Project into some grotesque monster and Shock is still boring.

I don't understand why they didn't just make the damage instant and simply display when it lands like they stated they do with other abilities. The proc for harnessed shadows is instant so why can't the damage be calculated instantly and just show up after the fact?

If disturbance is what I think it is, I might be ok with that but keep in mind that for everyone saying "just swap the animation with disturbance" that that leaves all your shadow friends out in the cold.

I'd like to keep Project on my Shadow, thank you very much.

They should have just added a delay to Shock instead of this crap. The problem wasn't Project's delay, the problem was Project's delay compared to Shock's lack of delay. Now they've turned Project into some grotesque monster and Shock is still boring.

No, the problem was EXACTLY project's delay, along with its ridiculous junk tossing. Shock is awesome and it works. It makes for a MUCH more responsive feel on my Sin versus my Shadow. Also, there are more than two classes in the game. You HAVE to consider the balance issues for instacast skills. If you delay shock, why shouldnt other skills from other classes get delayed? Delay is bad, it gives your opponent TIME to do things, like cap, or pop defenses, etc. Why should some instacast skills give your opponents TIME and others not???

Think about what you are asking for and why it makes no sense. Look at the big picture of the game, all its classes, and BW's effort to make skills and animations MORE responsive, not less. You want to take the game backwards. Not going to happen.

I play a Sin, I will survive if Shock got a long and equal animation time. Change Project back.

The new Project animation is terrible. It was probably the coolest looking thing consulars had and now it looks amateurish.

I can't remember who said it but someone mentioned they liked to time Project with Breach for the lols, I tried it and got hooked - it became a force of habit. xD

Edited by tXHereticXt

No, the problem was EXACTLY project's delay, along with its ridiculous junk tossing.

I'll say it again since you seem to be a little dense. The problem has ALWAYS been that Shock and Project weren't mirrored. The problem wasn't that Project had a delay, it was that Shock didn't. Some used the argument that Shock hitting instantly made the Inquisitor better at preventing caps and whatnot, which is true (if you ignore all the other instant cast abilities), but the delay on Project made the Consular better at setting up burst.

If you delay shock, why shouldnt other skills from other classes get delayed?

You obviously haven't played any other class, or you'd know that there are A LOT of classes out there with delayed instant casts. Do you think a Bounty Hunter's missiles hit the moment you press the button? No. What about the Smuggler/Agent's grenade? No.

It's called travel time. As in: physics. Science, you know? You can't hurl an object 30 meters instantly. Not without breaking all kinds of scientific laws, including one law where the object would break the sound barrier and catch on fire or melt due to friction.

Look at the big picture of the game, all its classes, and BW's effort to make skills and animations MORE responsive, not less. You want to take the game backwards. Not going to happen.

You've got some kind of evidence that shows what I'm proposing would "take the game backwards"? The goal here is to mirror Shock and Project. Project was mirrored against Shock when it should have been the other way around. The result is that Project looks like crap.

I was one of the people complaining about the damage delay difference but I agree with the OP. Put the Sage Project Animation back the way it was.

You've taken something epic out of the game and ruined it.

PLEASE put it back!!!!

Edited by Jakoby

~Sig

Dude that's completely your opinion. I want the Epic look of picking up the rock and tossing it through the air. I thought that was a very classic and cool animation. They could have delayed shock with a simple build up and all would be well, but to take something Epic out of the game just to satisfy a minor balancing mechanic is insane!

So instead of adding a cast timer to shock, maybe even adding an awesome new animation to it. The take project and utterly ruin it, taking all of 3 min to think of a "quick fix". WHO CARES if it's not an instant hit ability change it back!