Potential method of allowing opposing faction on enemy planets

FearghalC

I think I may have an idea on how Imperials can visit Republican planets and vice versa.

If for example, a Sith was to visit Coruscant, how would Republic security forces know that he is a Sith?

In capital cities and space ports, there are security droids which scan you to determine your identity. This, would allow the Republic to see that the person is an Imperial.

My idea was, that using either slicing, or paying a slicer at the Imperial fleet - you could be given access to an opposing planet for 24 hours as the slicer would create a false persona in the opposing factions systems meaning that once scanned, the system will think you are someone else.

A possible reason for only allowing it to last 24 hours could be that the slicer can only add your identity to the local security system (ie Coruscant security). Every 24 hours the system would sync with a national system which would discover that the identify in the local system is incorrect and would remove it from the system.

I was thinking the fake identity could be applied as a buff which would make enemy units see you as an ally.

Just a suggestion. I don't understand how at the moment, they would be able to identify and attack a Sith on sight. Especially an IA. The Republic should have no idea about the identity of IAs.

I think I may have an idea on how Imperials can visit Republican planets and vice versa.

If for example, a Sith was to visit Coruscant, how would Republic security forces know that he is a Sith?

In capital cities and space ports, there are security droids which scan you to determine your identity. This, would allow the Republic to see that the person is an Imperial.

My idea was, that using either slicing, or paying a slicer at the Imperial fleet - you could be given access to an opposing planet for 24 hours as the slicer would create a false persona in the opposing factions systems meaning that once scanned, the system will think you are someone else.

A possible reason for only allowing it to last 24 hours could be that the slicer can only add your identity to the local security system (ie Coruscant security). Every 24 hours the system would sync with a national system which would discover that the identify in the local system is incorrect and would remove it from the system.

I was thinking the fake identity could be applied as a buff which would make enemy units see you as an ally.

Just a suggestion. I don't understand how at the moment, they would be able to identify and attack a Sith on sight. Especially an IA. The Republic should have no idea about the identity of IAs.

Nice idea but not within the context of the game. The one thing I always had a problem with in SWG was that I as a Rebel could just walk past Imps without any recourse. Not once did they stop me and ask for my ID chip or scan me or anything else. Some was true for Imps walking past Rebs. Frankly, I think allowing Imperials and Republics to "mix" is just wrong.

Now, I will also say that thought that Imperial IA's could just waltz into any Republic planet without fear of detection is incorrect. Overlookng the fact that you use the term "Sith" which is a RACE an is associated with the EMPIRE would make any sugh suspect right off. Even none "Sith" would be subject to scans and other methods that would have a good chance of detection.

From what I've seen on the Republic side, Empire characters could enter Coruscant from the Jedi Temple and on Ord Mantell near the secret weapons base island. On the Empire side, I'd imagine somewhere deep within the jungles on Dromund Kaas and on Korriban near the tombs or further away in a valley.

Personally I'd like some stories where you go an impersonate people in the opposing faction, or even just having to go there.

Imagine going to Korriban as a Jedi under the persona of a sith recruit, but your mission is to kill one of the trainers and leave whilst under cover.. as the Jedi can't exactly carry out an assassination in public.

I really think it would bring alot to the game.

Edited by FearghalC

Personally I'd like some stories where you go an impersonate people in the opposing faction, or even just having to go there.

Imagine going to Korriban as a Jedi under the persona of a sith recruit, but your mission is to kill one of the trainers and leave whilst under cover.. as the Jedi can't exactly carry out an assassination in public.

I really think it would bring alot to the game.

Im not really into the whole story part of star wars but cant they sense the light and darkness of the character?

Im not really into the whole story part of star wars but cant they sense the light and darkness of the character?

Darth Sidious managed to not only live beside, but spoke to Jedi Masters every day. Not even Yoda knew Sidious was evil.

Although, some Jedi can sense things like this such as...

Jaesa Willsaam, this is why she is targeted by Darth Baras, because she is such a major threat to his Republic spies.

So far, I can only think of the person in the spoiler who would be able to sense such a thing.

Edited by FearghalC