The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A Proposed Change to Railshot

Baconmonster

I don't buy into the hysteria of nerf this class or nerf that class before I try to form an understanding why they should be nerfed, what could use a tweak and why. However, I've been waffling over whether or not the armor penetration on Railshot should be tweaked. It is weapon damage which means the armor pen is very important, however, so is its accuracy. I wanted to put a change out there and see what people thought about it.

What if instead of 90% armor penetration for pyrotechs (who most people whine about anyway) on Railshot they tweaked the tree to give both Mercs and Powertechs 45% armor pen. Giving Pyrotechs a nerf and mercs a buff. However, in exchange pyrotechs are given a passive increase to the Accuracy of Railshot say 5%, or even making it at least close to the base accuracy of a tech attack (10% increase). Obviously the biggest roadblock I see to this is finding a slot to put it into on the talent tree, and also that it would most likely be given only to pyrotechs and not mercs. I believe this would tone down on burst while bumping sustain, as it's better to hit the railshot than not hit the railshot.

Well I'm going to end before I start rambling incoherently, for the record even if you don't think Railshot should be nerfed, I still would like to know what you think of the change.

Edit: Quick Change

Edited by Baconmonster

I think the change would take a class meant to do single target burst DPS in PvP and make it so they coudln't burst down anyone in PvP. A HUGE portion of attacks in this game ignore all armor already so why is it a big deal that we have 90% armor reduction?

You guys are going to love PvP after they finally nerf PT's and no one can burst down healers anymore. Lets turn this back in to a healer = win game because that is fun for everyone!

I think the change would take a class meant to do single target burst DPS in PvP and make it so they coudln't burst down anyone in PvP. A HUGE portion of attacks in this game ignore all armor already so why is it a big deal that we have 90% armor reduction?

You guys are going to love PvP after they finally nerf PT's and no one can burst down healers anymore. Lets turn this back in to a healer = win game because that is fun for everyone!

I have a feeling alot of ranked wz's will be three healers with 3 tanks with guards, and two sentinels for dps. Any change to RS will be a serious nerf to pyro. They are easy enough to neuter with a cleanse and stun on TD. Personally, I would rather face Pyro any day on my scoundrel than an AP PT. No way to stop AP except to stun during PFT. With Pyro, I can cleanse, stun during td, pop defense screen or dodge, and eliminate their ability to vent heat and/or hit me with a RS.

I have a feeling alot of ranked wz's will be three healers with 3 tanks with guards, and two sentinels for dps. Any change to RS will be a serious nerf to pyro. They are easy enough to neuter with a cleanse and stun on TD. Personally, I would rather face Pyro any day on my scoundrel than an AP PT. No way to stop AP except to stun during PFT. With Pyro, I can cleanse, stun during td, pop defense screen or dodge, and eliminate their ability to vent heat and/or hit me with a RS.

this guy gets it :D

i tell everybody PT/VG's are the easiest kills...keep em >10m, cleanse, stun TD...kittens.

this guy gets it :D

i tell everybody PT/VG's are the easiest kills...keep em >10m, cleanse, stun TD...kittens.

you guys must be fighting some horrible pyros

I have an operative and Pyro. Pyro can slow me and reapply dot faster than I can cleanse. I'd rather face a mara/sent than a pyro.

stun td?

Edited by Frostbyt