Bioware is failing hardcore to fix this class.

Individual

I don't agree, it can do lots of damage, and as for healing, I got outhealed by one in a HM KP- I was on my healer operative (with over 570 bonus healing). I have healed on my merc, it's a little rough on heat but not as bad as operative's energy management was pre 1.2.

What makes mercs useless is wasting a spot in Lost Island against the first droid boss... no interrupt to stop incinerate and arc cannon.

Either the dmg for mercs, or up the survivability. Serious Bioware, I hate complaining, but this class is literally the worse for everything. It's the worse for dmg, and the worse for healing.

Def not the worst for healing. Maybe in PvE I wouldnt know.

PvP healers we have the best burst/single target heals in the game. Which is the most important type of healing in PvP where its all about burst.

We could use a slight buff in utility. Maybe an interrupt would be cool. And I dont know why they are reducing our Enviro Suit bonus.

Arsenal for PvE is second only in damage to an annihilation marauder. Believe me if you want, dont believe me if you want, Arsenal wrecks face if you know how to min/max correctly. My tracers hit operation bosses for 1.7k non crit, and 3.4k crit WITHOUT any relics/adrenals or bloodthirst. My sustained dps on a fixed target, solo buffed is around 1600. In a group its around 1750. Burst dps for the first 30-40 seconds can be as high as 3500 if all of your initial rotation crits.

Don't even consider arsenal for pvp its terribad.

A well played Pyro Merc is a strong competitor for top PvP DPS, its essentially a less bursty powertech but with 30m range ON EVERYTHING. My highest damage in a warzone is well over 900k, with an average of around 350-550k. I almost always outdamage everyone apart from VERY good marauders and the occasional powertech, and even so this is on rare occasions. Yes - you have to learn the class extremely well but I hate it when people moan about mercs. Yes we lack utility but that is more than made up in our unique 30m - range burst repetition that is possible with a pyrotech build.

With the correct stat utilisation you can break 500 ranged bonus damage in PvP, and 650 in PvE. Never do I see people with any where near these numbers, and you are simply all doing it wrong. You should have atleast 1900 aim buffed in pvp, and 2100-2200 aim buffed in PvE, with around 500 power in PvP and 800+ power in PvE. All of this while maintaining 75% surge, 102% range acc, and 30% ranged crit unbuffed.

This level of optimisation means that in a PvP situation, your burst damage on a target with no cd's on is going to be 15-20k damage in 5 GCDs, in Pyrotech.

With the correct stat utilisation you can break 500 ranged bonus damage in PvP, and 650 in PvE. Never do I see people with any where near these numbers, and you are simply all doing it wrong. You should have atleast 1900 aim buffed in pvp, and 2100-2200 aim buffed in PvE, with around 500 power in PvP and 800+ power in PvE. All of this while maintaining 75% surge, 102% range acc, and 30% ranged crit unbuffed.

This level of optimisation means that in a PvP situation, your burst damage on a target with no cd's on is going to be 15-20k damage in 5 GCDs, in Pyrotech.

I would love to see how you optimized your gear. Ranged Damage and Tech Damage bonus levels I can hit, but not while maintaining 1900 Aim, 102% Accuracy, and 30% unbuffed Crit.

You should have atleast 1900 aim buffed in pvp, and 2100-2200 aim buffed in PvE, with around 500 power in PvP and 800+ power in PvE. All of this while maintaining 75% surge, 102% range acc, and 30% ranged crit unbuffed.

And what is your expertise? No one in pvp has 1900 aim unless they are one of those idiots in PvE gear.

"My tracers hit operation bosses for 1.7k non crit, and 3.4k crit WITHOUT any relics/adrenals or bloodthirst."

i call bull **** with the stats you outlined there is no way in hell you can get a 3.4k crit with out relics/adrenal or Bloodthirst.

That would require your surge to be at 100%

Which is damned hard to do unless every one of your enhancements is 57 surge and all of your augs are surge

And what is your expertise? No one in pvp has 1900 aim unless they are one of those idiots in PvE gear.

5 pieces of war hero armor with augments, augmented main and off hand, matrix cube, datacrons and a rakata stim will put you at over 1900 aim (fully buffed), and you would have over 1200 expertise.

5 pieces of war hero armor with augments, augmented main and off hand, matrix cube, datacrons and a rakata stim will put you at over 1900 aim (fully buffed), and you would have over 1200 expertise.

That exact setup (minus the augment on the off hand as I am a Commando) puts me at 1773 Aim with a Rakata Stim and class buffs. Could you post your gear somewhere like Ask Mr Robot so I can see how you have it augmented?

I can't talk about PvP, so I won't.

Couple of points 100% surge is impossible (1.7k non-crit, 3.4k crit). Surge caps at 80%. 1.6-1.7k non crit, about 3k crit are the number I am getting.

Some fights I can get close to our Marauders, but they always beat me. I think the sniper also beats me. My current set up as of last night: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/1029489f-67ac-40aa-aa9e-08984112185c. I also always seem to forget to use my attack adrenals, and my use of the power relic could be more consistent.

The one thing I haven't been able to find is how people are saying they are breaking 800 power now (whilst keeping crit/surge at 75/30 unbuffed), unless they are using augments which I won't have access to until after 1.3, and an Exotech reflex stim.

Edit: Forgot to say I was pretty much last most of the time until reading Aerro's guide and getting the correct gear. Way too much crit/surge, not enough power back then.

Edited by Raekor