PVE / PVP Gear

Zaphero

Hi everyone.

Since I should be level 50 by the end of the week, I am now looking to try and get some decent gear. I have read a number of guides but have a few questions. Shame all the good stuff looks like a piece of ****. My question is can I simply take the mods out of for example the golden plated ***** that is level 50 pvp gear and put it in something like the level 40 pvp gear that looks like something a Jedi might wear. I lose a set bonus right?

I've yet to make it to 50 as well. Is expertise attached to the frame of an item, or it's mod pieces? In other words, to use the OP's example, if I pulled the pieces out of the WH chest and stuck them in the lvl 40 chest, would the piece have any expertise?

I've yet to make it to 50 as well. Is expertise attached to the frame of an item, or it's mod pieces? In other words, to use the OP's example, if I pulled the pieces out of the WH chest and stuck them in the lvl 40 chest, would the piece have any expertise?

The actual stats are in the mods not the shell of the gear. So yes if yo upulled the MODs out of the WH pieces into any Orange gear it will have the full Expertise in them.

What I did was I got myself the Prototype Ardent Blade chest piece and put in the mods from my BM chest piece. The rest of my gear is BM. It actually matches to it and since all you need is four pieces for the set bonus, I still get it. When I finally get WH pieces, I'm going to take the mods out of those and put it in my crafted BM set so I can retain my same look.

Yes the mods, armorings and enhancements all carry expertise since 1.2 you wont lose any putting it in another piece of gear.

Hi everyone.

Since I should be level 50 by the end of the week, I am now looking to try and get some decent gear. I have read a number of guides but have a few questions. Shame all the good stuff looks like a piece of ****. My question is can I simply take the mods out of for example the golden plated ***** that is level 50 pvp gear and put it in something like the level 40 pvp gear that looks like something a Jedi might wear. I lose a set bonus right?

Set bonuses are 4 piece so you can yoink those BM mods out of your chestpiece and put it in one you like instead-- And considering the four piece set bonus is nice but nothing overwhelming (5 yards on dispatch) you aren't out much while waiting to get the other pieces.

Also once you get to the level of war hero the set bonuses will be embedded on the armorings not the armor themselves meaning you can drop them into 100% orange (and thus augmented) armor.