Putting war hero mods/enhancements in PvE force mystic gear

Order-Sixty-Six

Since I'm here I figured I'd ask other shadows if it is possible to achieve the +50 force set effect from rakata/columi/tionese/black hole Force Mystic gear while replacing the mods and enchancements with war hero and leaving the PVE armoring (the set effect is attached to this if I'm correct). Also, is since the WH set effect is attached to the armoring, would putting BM armorings in PVE shells still grant the set bonus of the PVE gear?

I also realize with 4 peices of PvE gear without WH armorings I'll be down 200 expertise, but that 50 force seems much more useful for dps as I find myself with an empty bar here and there and hate resorting to saber strike.

Ok the best way to answer this is

Champion/BM Armor Mods do not carry over there /set bonus to other gear. War Hero Armor Mods do carry over there set bonus when you replace the Armor Mod.

If you were just to rip out the Mod and Enhancement and place it in a Rataka piece leaving the Armor Mod alone then you would keep the Rataka set bonus. It's all in the Armor mod and it must go from the same type of piece to the same type of piece. Old chest piece to new chest piece. If you rip a armor mod out of a leg piece an stick it into a chest piece the stat bonus will not take effect.

TBH

I don't see any reason to do this as expertise is your primary and most important stat in PvP. The more you have the more you factor in a WZ.

edit

In 1.3 you will be able to add a augment slot to ANY piece of gear. So if you like the look of Rataka gear you could add augment slots to it and add WH mods and be all set.

Edited by Ceasaigh

Very helpful. So similar to how the battlemaster set effect is in the shell, which pve set contains a set effect in it's shell? Battlemaster armorings provide the same expertise bonuses as war hero armorings, so I may be able to put a battlemaster armoring in a PvE shell and not actually lose any expertise bonus from it (just a bit of willpower/endurance, but with augments kits in 1.3 this should not be much of an issue).

I see where you're coming from with the expertise, but personally I think landing an extra shadow strike or 2 extra double strikes with the +50 force seems like it would add more to dps than what the 200 expertise gives (consider the soft DR of expertise). This of course can be circumvented if I can do what I mentioned in the prior paragraph.

Edit: I actually don't care for the look of pve gear at all, I'm just in it for that set bonus :3

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

Since I'm here I figured I'd ask other shadows if it is possible to achieve the +50 force set effect from rakata/columi/tionese/black hole Force Mystic gear while replacing the mods and enchancements with war hero and leaving the PVE armoring (the set effect is attached to this if I'm correct). Also, is since the WH set effect is attached to the armoring, would putting BM armorings in PVE shells still grant the set bonus of the PVE gear?

I also realize with 4 peices of PvE gear without WH armorings I'll be down 200 expertise, but that 50 force seems much more useful for dps as I find myself with an empty bar here and there and hate resorting to saber strike.

You can put WH PvP Mod and Enh into the PvE gear and keep the PvE set bonuses that way. Also, the PvE set bonus in Rakata/Columi/Tionese is still attached the the actual item, not the armoring - so you can replace the armoring too with BM armoring safely and still keep the PvE set bonus.

The problem is when you put WH armoring (which carries set bonus) into the older items that carry set bonus separate from armoring. I assume one would override the other if it even lets you put it in, but I'm not sure which one would.

Also, there's the downside of not having Augment slots. (yet)

Campaign gear carries the PvE set bonus with its armoring just like WH gear. So, you can put that into currently augmentable custom gear with WH mod & enh...and that's probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

I don't see any reason to do this as expertise is your primary and most important stat in PvP. The more you have the more you factor in a WZ.

Up to 1100~. There is a soft cap from this point up (Tested)

Certain PvE pieces are still very viable.

IE: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/40496/black-hole-force-healers-mk-3-focus

Overpowered and likely will be nerfed----^

You can put WH PvP Mod and Enh into the PvE gear and keep the PvE set bonuses that way. Also, the PvE set bonus in Rakata/Columi/Tionese is still attached the the actual item, not the armoring - so you can replace the armoring too with BM armoring safely and still keep the PvE set bonus.

The problem is when you put WH armoring (which carries set bonus) into the older items that carry set bonus separate from armoring. I assume one would override the other if it even lets you put it in, but I'm not sure which one would.

Also, there's the downside of not having Augment slots. (yet)

Campaign gear carries the PvE set bonus with its armoring just like WH gear. So, you can put that into currently augmentable custom gear with WH mod & enh...and that's probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

Ah okay so that answers what I was asking above. I'm pleased to hear you say tionese works for this because last night I decided to pull the armoring from my columi gloves to test if I'd still have the effect and it was fine, so I'm happy that I can save some time with tionese instead.

Guess I better start doing HMs. Thanks Everyone.

I've read quite a few times that the soft cap for expertise is around 1100. Based on the graph, it doesnt seem that the curve is that sharp. So what makes it no longer worth it to gain expertise past 1100?

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/attachment.php?aid=282

The benefit of direct stats grows more of an advantage over stacking expertise past 1100~. Pay attention to the Focus I linked in the earlier post. It is clearly BiS for any DPS Shadow and quite frankly broken. We have a Guardian "Super Tank" in our guild that's hanging in the 1100s and has 25k HP. He is literally unkillable. Come 1.3 it will be even more of a joke when he's surfing in the 27k+ area.

Edited by Xinika

I've read quite a few times that the soft cap for expertise is around 1100. Based on the graph, it doesnt seem that the curve is that sharp. So what makes it no longer worth it to gain expertise past 1100?

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/attachment.php?aid=282

The thing to keep in mind is that having a big pile of expertise scales up base stats. So, even though the expertise DR is still gentle, the base stats are also slowly growing in value because of the expertise.

I'm not sure if "soft cap" is a good way to describe it, but somewhere up there with lots of expertise, mixing in a small dose of PvE gear can be very competitive and can help a build be more specialized.

How much is best is largely personal preference and also a matter of how good of PvE options you have available and in what slots.

Question is - does the set bonus for Force mystic affect shadows??

50 Force is an okish set bonus for Sages, but its 1/2 more resurces for Shadow which is HUGE. I doubt it is intended for shadows to use it.

If it works I actually see almost no downside to this. You dont lose expertise - since you will use battlemaster armorings in columni gear. You lose some stats for 4 pieces since BM<WH but not much. You may lose 4 augments slots (no ideea if columni can be crit crafted). You do gain an useless 2set bonus and lose some okish 2 and 4 set bonus from PVP gear.

Edited by csmnstoica

Up to 1100~. There is a soft cap from this point up (Tested)

Certain PvE pieces are still very viable.

IE: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/40496/black-hole-force-healers-mk-3-focus

Overpowered and likely will be nerfed----^

You can buy one for 50 BH commendations with the same stats, just different name. So no need for a pure PVPler to go raiding, just doing Corellia dailies while queuing. Takes a while then, but grinding for the WH offhanditem also takes a while. ;)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/42017/black-hole-strikers-mk-1-generator

Question is - does the set bonus for Force mystic affect shadows??

50 Force is an okish set bonus for Sages, but its 1/2 more resurces for Shadow which is HUGE. I doubt it is intended for shadows to use it.

If it works I actually see almost no downside to this. You dont lose expertise - since you will use battlemaster armorings in columni gear. You lose some stats for 4 pieces since BM<WH but not much. You may lose 4 augments slots (no ideea if columni can be crit crafted). You do gain an useless 2set bonus and lose some okish 2 and 4 set bonus from PVP gear.

Well the downside is the time invested hoping for drops and finding teams for both sets of armor, the credits it costs to pull guts, and you must collect both war hero and battlemaster guts. It's going out of your way..

I'm 3/4 pve peices, just need gloves or a helmet so I'll post back in here to verify if it works when that happens.

inb4 nerf.

http://i.imgur.com/qN588.jpg

Disregard my expertise total in the screenshot, I haven't moved all my wh/bm guts over just yet, just the boots atm which contain BM armoring + WH Mod/Enhancement. As you can see I have the PVE set bonus (+50 force) with the same expertise that WH boots would provide.

Going to get focused so hard in pvp now cause pve shells haha.

You can get the set bonus with just Helm, Gloves, Feet and legs. Not having the chest piece probably would remove 99% of the focus you'd get for seemingly being in the wrong armor.

I actually use the +50 force set bonus for my Shadow Tank in PvE. I have a set with offensive mods for easy stuff, a set with defensive mods for harder stuff, and then of course my normal shadow tank set that I wear for the harder bosses.

I find the +50 force allows me to generate significantly more threat in the medium situations (since the first minute or two of threat generation is usually all that matters) and allows for a much nicer game play on the easier stuff.

You can get the set bonus with just Helm, Gloves, Feet and legs. Not having the chest piece probably would remove 99% of the focus you'd get for seemingly being in the wrong armor.

I actually use the +50 force set bonus for my Shadow Tank in PvE. I have a set with offensive mods for easy stuff, a set with defensive mods for harder stuff, and then of course my normal shadow tank set that I wear for the harder bosses.

I find the +50 force allows me to generate significantly more threat in the medium situations (since the first minute or two of threat generation is usually all that matters) and allows for a much nicer game play on the easier stuff.

It's actually not that big of a deal, after using it all day I've noticed it pulls out the squishies who think they can get an easy kill on a PVEr but have no clue what's waiting for them.

I'm lovin it so far, hope I get a rakata top soon so I can ditch this ugly columi one. I just have dps guts inside of my set focused towards power & surge, if this ever gets nerfed I'll probably go to the 2 peice bonus for survivor. I try not to spam 5 shadow strikes in a row so they don't die too quick and whine on forums for a nerf. It is dropping healers pretty quick though, I must say.

It's actually not that big of a deal, after using it all day I've noticed it pulls out the squishies who think they can get an easy kill on a PVEr but have no clue what's waiting for them.

I'm lovin it so far, hope I get a rakata top soon so I can ditch this ugly columi one. I just have dps guts inside of my set focused towards power & surge, if this ever gets nerfed I'll probably go to the 2 peice bonus for survivor. I try not to spam 5 shadow strikes in a row so they don't die too quick and whine on forums for a nerf. It is dropping healers pretty quick though, I must say.

I have been using the tionese force mystic gear for a while now, probly about the last 4 weeks. I enjoyed it , i used the. Tionese stalker set before that and your strikes really hit like a truck with it... i just went back to the pvp war hero gear recently and am enjoying my force potency again, its all up to playstyle id say. Im rank 83 and have been experimenting with builds/ gear constantly.. it gets expensive lol. Ordersixtysix, what server are u on

I have been using the tionese force mystic gear for a while now, probly about the last 4 weeks. I enjoyed it , i used the. Tionese stalker set before that and your strikes really hit like a truck with it... i just went back to the pvp war hero gear recently and am enjoying my force potency again, its all up to playstyle id say. Im rank 83 and have been experimenting with builds/ gear constantly.. it gets expensive lol. Ordersixtysix, what server are u on

My shadow is Icuii on The Shadowlands (transfer from Dreshdae Cantina).

I found all the other set effects lacking in comparison, my biggest problem has been force management.

If u found the other set bonuses lacking it is because of your spec. As said before i have used just about every set to test the bonuses in a pvp environment. The 50 force is definately nice however u only notice it at the begining of a fight... once u blow that 50and force its all down to force regen, which in turn goes to what spec u play. Ive done my share of testing and logging, the 50 force can be helpful at the begining of fights, but in rated pvp where most fights will probly last a long time, the other set bonuses are just as good or better, spec dependant of course .