Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Make companion crew more alive

Sangre

Hi!

Something hit me last night that something is missing in the ship, and it hit me like 2 am in the night :D

The companion crew needs to be more alive, make them walk around in the ship and do stuff, and include random talk (and not the same words or spam pls).

I mean, how boring isnt it seeing them standing in the same corner all the time.

Ad some way walk point in the ship and record some new speeches, and emotes.

Ps: I didnt know wich forum this post is going in to, so I posted here.

I'd also like to see them off my ship when I send them on missions (underworld trading, etc).

It's great that they do actually look like they're working when they are crafting for you on the ship, but then why are they still hanging around when I sent them on a mission?

It's like I'm a slacker of a leader... I tell them to go on a mission, I go to my ship, and there they all are, just hanging around doing nothing! I need to kick their butts more apparently! hehe ;)

It's great that they do actually look like they're working when they are crafting for you on the ship, but then why are they still hanging around when I sent them on a mission?

Hmm.. I seem to remember them actually bug off when sent on a mission, was this changed at some time or am I just getting senile?

Hmm.. I seem to remember them actually bug off when sent on a mission, was this changed at some time or am I just getting senile?

Or it could be me going senile, hehe :)

But for as long as I can remember (started playing sometime in February), they never did leave the ship when sent on a mission.

Try it out... if they leave the ship for you, and not for me, then I really do fail at being captain ;)

Edited by SpazCats

Posted way back on this. they do nothing until you need them to craft. they should be able to at least be summoned out to gift on the ship. or maybe even add a feature to allow your companions to duel each other. that would be something. maybe also let them sit at the tabels or some type of movement.

I would love to see random arguments between them and maybe a fight break out. or maybe pee with the lid down and the feamles get all bent out of shape.

Definitely a yes. And especially some banter or outright conflicts between the characters that don't get along so well. Also, when i send them off to missions they do not disappear from my ship either, but i am unable to talk to them so it's like they are there but they "aren't".

It'd be fun to watch Lieutenant Iresso and Zenith spar hand to hand in the cargo hold, or have Aric and Elara exchange war stories every once in a while. Also, I'd like to see Andronikos actually flying the Inquisitor's ship since I let him be the pilot. Maybe Dr Lokin and Tharan Cedrax could be seen working in a custom lab in their respective ships. Maybe you could see two companions who don't see eye to eye argue.

Also, what if we had a real crew on our shop, like engineers, navigators, security forces, ect.

Great thread. It's a real mind opener!

This is the only thing that really disappointined with the game is the actual companions compared to biowares other games. While these are not just simple pets, they are not as fleshed out compared to say companions in dragon age or ME. My favorite moments in dragon age was the banter between companions!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.