The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

skill tree level 50

luisjunior

hey guys ive been involved in a flashpoint last night and the people i was grouped with told me that my skill set is shocking.... i have half the left and middle skill tree full... is that a bad thing? i average around 10 medals in each pvp game and i thought that was good.... i need help with this guys please

You're friends were right, what are you trying to achieve? PVP? PVE? Tank? DPS? You are like a jack of all trades and an expert of none. Storm is great, but it prevents you from going high enough in DPS to be effective and tanking in PVP is pointless, but if you are tanking in PVE< you are short changing yourself by trying to add DPS to a tank spec....maybe as an offtank?

i thought it was good because the variety of skills i had...

variety can be your own worse enemy.

Keep in mind, the devs designed the trees to be more effective and useful the higher up you go and while hybrids can on occasion work, it is when they are focused hybrids, picking out skills from two or three trees that complement each other. In your case, you are too split, so you suffer from a lack of focus, even for a hybrid. As I asked before...pick something, PVP? PVE? Tank? DPS? Let us know and we can help you with a template that best suites your interest and is still focused to help you contribute in the WZs or the OPs.

should i fill up a full column or just fill it till i reach the top?

Check this one out for DPS in PVP.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMbZ0cZcGrbzGhrs.1

Notice that you sometimes don't even have to invest the full 5 points in a level if you picked up more early on that were needed (second and third lines of Assault). This one is focused. There are equally good temps for any play style. If you tell us what you enjoy, I am sure someone can post a template for it.

You're friends were right, what are you trying to achieve? PVP? PVE? Tank? DPS? You are like a jack of all trades and an expert of none. Storm is great, but it prevents you from going high enough in DPS to be effective and tanking in PVP is pointless, but if you are tanking in PVE< you are short changing yourself by trying to add DPS to a tank spec....maybe as an offtank?

He basically has the Ironfist spec, which I thought was supposed to be good in PVP?

Heck, the thread is even stickied.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=244885

Edited by Galbatorrix

He basically has the Ironfist spec, which I thought was supposed to be good in PVP?

Heck, the thread is even stickied.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=244885

You need to look past the headlines and read the posts on here. Look at what people are actually using and enjoying. How many post on these boards nowadays about how great IF is and how they excelled at WZs with the temp? Now, how many do that with the assault spec or even tactics? IF is so pre 1.2, imho. It's better than a shield spec in PVP, but that's not saying a lot.

hey guys ive been involved in a flashpoint last night and the people i was grouped with told me that my skill set is shocking.... i have half the left and middle skill tree full... is that a bad thing? i average around 10 medals in each pvp game and i thought that was good.... i need help with this guys please

The problem is that you were in a flashpoint with people doing PvE.

Your spec is perfectly fine for pvp. In fact, if you did this all on your own without reading anything I'd even call it impressive.

BUT, it's less than optimal for a pve tank. That said, If you don't plan to do more than most hardmode 50s, it's probably all you'll ever need.

Edited by Ehral