Rakata/Columi Vs. Recruit/BM/WH

xJACKTHERIPPERx

.........i know pvp in pvp gear and pve in pve gear. im just saying, the fact that i lose a massive amount of stats by going from rakata/columi --> recruit doesnt seem like it would be offset by the 12% bonus from the expertise. hence why i came here looking for more info on the subject

man then go full PVE with awsome stats and enjoy

no more debate

PS: if for any reason an jugg crits u for 8k you are free to open a cheating/hacking thread

I get ya, but trust me - and pretty much everyone on this forum (for a change )- wear recruit gear.

Your pve stat aint worth crap if you're dead.

the ****** thing is, i think i bought a set of recruit gear a while ago, and looked at the massive stat loss and then vendored it lol.

Most people here are herp a derp PvP'ers that cannot perform simple math, PVP AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!. They will come here and QQ when a min/maxer uses math to figure out how to make toons perform their best. Love it when healers complain about min/maxers and burst when they could be using the same tricks.

Unless you are a healer or are being healed for your entire lifebar then Rakata will be better then Recuit gear. If you have close to 20k health in PvE gear then dropping 5k of health would be 25%. Does Recuit gear offer 25% more DR versus Rakata? No it does not. Damage wise they are comparable too.

BM is better then Rakata by 5% to 10% when comparing total stats and is easy to get. Pre 1.2 I did not bother to grind PvP gear, it was not needed.

Most people here are herp a derp PvP'ers that cannot perform simple math, PVP AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!. They will come here and QQ when a min/maxer uses math to figure out how to make toons perform their best. Love it when healers complain about min/maxers and burst when they could be using the same tricks.

Unless you are a healer or are being healed for your entire lifebar then Rakata will be better then Recuit gear. If you have close to 20k health in PvE gear then dropping 5k of health would be 25%. Does Recuit gear offer 25% more DR versus Rakata? No it does not. Damage wise they are comparable too.

BM is better then Rakata by 5% to 10% when comparing total stats and is easy to get. Pre 1.2 I did not bother to grind PvP gear, it was not needed.

Someone who gets what im saying. awesome lol. So yes, you think its better to just save up a set of BM gear then switch to that?

the ****** thing is, i think i bought a set of recruit gear a while ago, and looked at the massive stat loss and then vendored it lol.

Let me see if I can explain this in a way that you'll understand.

I will use the current expertise #s from my vanguard since I won't have to do amy real math that way.

1209 expertise = 22.85% Damage boost on players in PvP

18.60% Damage reduction from players in PvP

12.63% Healing boost during PvP combat

Now let say you had the exact same expertise as I do, if I hit you, you would take my dmg boost minus your dmg reduction and get a 4.25% increase in dmg against players. With 0 expertise (ie raid gear) you would take the full 22.85% dmg boost.

From a healers stand point (I know you are a sniper so bare with me) the healing boost from their gear + the dmg reduction from your gear make it easier for the healer to keep you and the rest of the team alive.

In the end PvE raid gear is for PvE. Recruit, Battle Master and War Hero gear are for PvP. If you are entering PvP in raid gear yes expect your team to laugh at the least, more likely the healers will decide you aren't worth healing as you don't care to even get the minimal (recruit gear) dmg reduction and the opposing team when they notice they are hitting you for ungodly amounts will spread the word to other players and you will spend more time dead than alive

well ive been pvping all day in my raid gear, and no laughing yet, also usually top, or close to top player on the team, and ya i can kinda die fast sometimes, but i also do just fine in the dmg department.

and since theres never any healers anyway (seen 1 all day) thats not really a factor

Obviously you don't play on my server then lol. We have 2-3 healers per side per match and those that PvP are very competetive. I can't even remember the last time I saw someone in PvE gear in the top 5 or have less than 10 deaths.

If your PvP on your server is that lax then do what you feel like, but the numbers I listed are hard facts and in any real competetive PvP Columi/Rakata will not cut it.

well i was PvPing a bit yesterday in my PvE gear and I was doing alright. I had a set of recruit gear a little while ago, but when i see myself lose like 400 cunning, and around 10% crit chance, and 10% surge, I just don't see how recruit can possibly be any good for me.

Does that 400 cunning 10% crit chance and 10% surge Increase your damage done by around 20% does it reduce your tdamage taken by around 20%? does it buff your healing done by around 16%? It's a no brainer.

Does that 400 cunning 10% crit chance and 10% surge Increase your damage done by around 20% does it reduce your tdamage taken by around 20%? does it buff your healing done by around 16%? It's a no brainer.

Also don't forget to factor in the 30% or so more HP which IMO will help mitigate your damage. Here is my thought. If you're rolling in full rakata I can see maybe not bothering to waste 200k on recruit gear. Yeah you may die fast for a bit but at least you're contributing. BM will come soon regardless. I will agree that BM is far better than rakata for PvP but seriously recruit gear sucks. Now those sad sacks that roll in with greens and level 47 modded oranges with 1k main stat and 12k HP are another story. They better go buy some recruit gear.

.........i know pvp in pvp gear and pve in pve gear. im just saying, the fact that i lose a massive amount of stats by going from rakata/columi --> recruit doesnt seem like it would be offset by the 12% bonus from the expertise. hence why i came here looking for more info on the subject

Look, let's be honest here, the only reason you are even discussing this is because you actually want to play in your Rakata gear, as you think the people that inhabit PVP world will be remotely interested in your gear.

Now, let me assure you, we wont. We have zero interest in your success in the world of boring, dull Ops and HMs, where you spend more time running from objective to objective and fighting bosses that do the same things, everytime you encounter them.

Your persistant reluctance to take on board what you are being told by people who actually PVP pretty much exclusively, considering you asked for the advice in the first place, simply shows that you think, that you know better. So please, take your Imp Sniper into warzones in your PVE gear and store your BM pieces in your vault if that's what you want to do. Nobody will be impressed, your team will think you are moron, and the Reps will love you to death, literally.

Your persistant reluctance to take on board what you are being told by people who actually PVP pretty much exclusively, considering you asked for the advice in the first place, simply shows that you think, that you know better. So please, take your Imp Sniper into warzones in your PVE gear and store your BM pieces in your vault if that's what you want to do. Nobody will be impressed, your team will think you are moron, and the Reps will love you to death, literally.

And this would be my choice for QFT.

Personally I want you to bring your sniper the Jedi Covenant, I know a lot of people that would very much enjoy schooling you in PvP on just how bad PvE gear is for WZs.

well ive been pvping all day in my raid gear, and no laughing yet, also usually top, or close to top player on the team, and ya i can kinda die fast sometimes, but i also do just fine in the dmg department.

and since theres never any healers anyway (seen 1 all day) thats not really a factor

Sounds like you have answered your own question.

Look, let's be honest here, the only reason you are even discussing this is because you actually want to play in your Rakata gear, as you think the people that inhabit PVP world will be remotely interested in your gear.

Now, let me assure you, we wont. We have zero interest in your success in the world of boring, dull Ops and HMs, where you spend more time running from objective to objective and fighting bosses that do the same things, everytime you encounter them.

QFT. Why ask for advice your mind is clearly made up.

first of all, i dont give 2 bantha poodoos about what other ppl think of my gear lol. where you got that idea ill never know. no one anywhere cares about anyone elses gear......ever.

and as for your second point, ive gotten the BM chest and legs today, and just bought the recruit helm, gloves and boots. and it seems like a good change. so you can take your unnecessary, and over the top hostility and get out of here. I tried the pvp gear and it works just fine. my mind wasnt already made up, i was looking for advice as to what to do, and out of the 4 pages here, there were about 2 posts from ppl who werent saying LOL PVP IN PVP GEAR NUB and were actually giving helpful advice instead of just trolling like you

Ive been away from pvp for a while, and was simply asking a question. and hey, i changed my gear!! wow, its almost as if i took peoples advice and switched. weird huh?....

Edited by xJACKTHERIPPERx

first of all, i dont give 2 bantha poodoos about what other ppl think of my gear lol. where you got that idea ill never know. no one anywhere cares about anyone elses gear......ever.

and as for your second point, ive gotten the BM chest and legs today, and just bought the recruit helm, gloves and boots. and it seems like a good change. so you can take your unnecessary, and over the top hostility and get out of here. I tried the pvp gear and it works just fine. my mind wasnt already made up, i was looking for advice as to what to do, and out of the 4 pages here, there were about 2 posts from ppl who werent saying LOL PVP IN PVP GEAR NUB and were actually giving helpful advice instead of just trolling like you

Ive been away from pvp for a while, and was simply asking a question. and hey, i changed my gear!! wow, its almost as if i took peoples advice and switched. weird huh?....

Glad to be of service.

Obviously you don't play on my server then lol. We have 2-3 healers per side per match and those that PvP are very competetive. I can't even remember the last time I saw someone in PvE gear in the top 5 or have less than 10 deaths.

If your PvP on your server is that lax then do what you feel like, but the numbers I listed are hard facts and in any real competetive PvP Columi/Rakata will not cut it.

Not to go off topic but let me say "amazing" "2-3 healers per side per match"? Must be nice I spend an off day pvping for basically 16-20 hours straight and on the republic side be lucky to have an (one) healer 50 percent of the time. Unless of course I log in a healer toon and then they all come out of the woodwork. on the imp side it does seem slightly better chanc e of having a healer but I would still say 20% of the matches no healer. Yes, this is on a newly combined server with plenty of popluaton.