The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Stances

stephenalandavie

You're forgetting Soresu and Shien. I also wish they didn't use Juyo, and instead used Makashi and/or Niman. I do support that they'd stand differently, their initial focus builder would change accordingly, and Master strike would execute differently. All focusing on how that form fights, nothing "out of character". =P Ex. Don't have it so Makashi or Soresu has broad strikes and large moment.

-rambling- I'm not sure the Jedi Council would really support the learning Juyo, and it is the final form of the lightsaber forms. The Sith use it without restraint, but since there are mirrored classes it wouldn't make sense if either was called something different, but produced the same effect. The lightsaber forms have unique fightstyles that have some, but not a lot of overlap into other forms. If it the Jedi Council authorizes it, I just wish it'd be something you'd have to specialize in. I'd even be fine with changing the Ataru and Juyo forms as they are. Juyo is supposed to be a blur, rapid, unconnected strikes. With Ataru's current incarnation it's just that, random additional strikes, and zen reducing the GCD to half a second. As for the current Juyo, while burns aren't what I'd imagine Ataru to be, you'll be using Force Leap and Force Kick a lot, and you get Merc Slash. Ataru is known for it's acrobatic maneuvers. They could take out Juyo for Niman, and then add it later in tandem with Makashi if they add further specializations of the classes.

I would love to see animations change based on stance, but it's sooo much work to animate 1 set of abilities, let alone 2-3 additional sets per class. And what about the other classes that don't have forms/stances? would they get the same kind of love? if not, people would start accusing bioware of playing favorites.

I would love to see animations change based on stance, but it's sooo much work to animate 1 set of abilities, let alone 2-3 additional sets per class. And what about the other classes that don't have forms/stances? would they get the same kind of love? if not, people would start accusing bioware of playing favorites.

I can certainly see how those classes with cylinders/cells could have their effects changing, so instead of animations it'd be particle effects. I'd only support the idea of certain moves that are available to all specs to have different animations/particle effects. As for Sages and Scoundrels ... Can't imagine much (^_^")

Edited by Daikeru

Vaapad is the final form as far as i am aware??.

Juyo is a fighting style, while Vaapad adds a state of mind to that style.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Form_VII:_Juyo_/_Vaapad

It's sorta like how Djem So is to Shien. Also, there's the problem of Vaapad not being developed yet. Juyo is the most vicious and the most demanding of all the forms.

Edited by Daikeru