How do you use Kinetic Ward? Is mine broken?

NoaFlux

I noticed someone else had a problem with it being broken as well....look here

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=78442&highlight=kinetic+ward.

But I can't even use it. I don't understand this charge stuff...the description says it had 8 charges...

where....? how....? when...?

either my UI is missing what I need (its very customized) or mine is broken.

I have been trying to figure out KW since I got it. How does it work? What buttons do you press for the charges?

I have tried shielding afterwords and I see nothing new, and yes I have shield generator equipped. I just put on a new one and saw no change today.

Edited by NoaFlux

Kinetic Ward

Instant

Force: 10

Cooldown: 12s

Erects a kinetic ward with 8 charges that increases your shield chance by 15% for 20 seconds. Each time you successfully shield, Kinetic Ward loses 1 charge. Does not break Stealth.

I run this on loop every 12 seconds and it definately works. it only increases your shield chance by 15 percent. so you may go the whole 20 seconds with no defensive proc depending on how good your shield is and combat situation worst case senerio) or you may lose all the charges within ten seconds if you getting hammered by multiple attackers or your lucky with procs. if it defers damage to your shield you lose one charge... and so forth.

to test it, just open character sheet,. note the shield value then activate kinetic ward and that value should increase by 15 percent thats all it does. in combat that 15 percent is a nice boost.

thanks guys!

but im not asking how it works or what it does. i dont understand this charge thing....8 of them? are there 8 rocks and every time i get hit 1 disappears?

i use KW all the time...but this charge thing...it says 8 when u hover over the ability in large tooltip...i expect it to go down over time or for an opportunity to use the charges....

from what some of u are saying it sounds like i just throw it on and it wears off like anything else. but from the description it seems like there's more to it.

does a bar charge up or down when i get hit or shield? cause i dont see one.

Edited by NoaFlux

At your "buff line" above your name you should see icon with 8 charges, when you shield any attack, it will decrease to 7 and so on. After it's gone, your shild is normally working but with 15% less chance.

For me as a tank it's a ability I'm tend to spamm everytime it's not on cooldown even so it's not much useful in pvp.