watchman build questions

Slamuel

Hi there. I switched to watchman over a month ago. However, I have some questions, at level 45. Right now, I have two points in blurred speed, but plan on reducing it like this shows: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIrRdRrfsZhMZM.1 Is this the right move? I filled the recipe, for what I will be at 50. Any other comments welcome. I do like master strike, thats why the focus points are there.

This is an ok build. I would not go for the camo ability since as a sentinel you use it to stop you getting targeted and get away but 6 seconds isnt really needed for that.. so I would skip that, take one point off close quarters and put that in blurred speed. Then use the remaining points to spec into defensive rolls in combat tree which gives you 30% aoe damage reduction which is a bit of a no brainer really.

This is an ok build. I would not go for the camo ability since as a sentinel you use it to stop you getting targeted and get away but 6 seconds isnt really needed for that.. so I would skip that, take one point off close quarters and put that in blurred speed. Then use the remaining points to spec into defensive rolls in combat tree which gives you 30% aoe damage reduction which is a bit of a no brainer really.

I agree with taking off the camo points,and didnt notice defensive rolls, but doesnt it seem as if close quarters is more important than blurred speed, because it allows one to use force leap as an interrupt?

It depends on personal taste, Using Camo as a proactive rather then reactive (i.e. escape) often the extra few seconds and tick of extra speed can help. This makes it easier in a warzone to

A.Get the occasional stealth plant in Voidstar-- Especially the second door when one bridge is up you can catch folks not looking.

B.Wade through the zerg to get to that healer-- And if possible get yourself positioned against some kind of knockback-blocker.

C.Get an opener on a Sniper/Gunslinger-- In Alderaan especially sniper you can often turn their own positioning against them, remaining in range as the knockback/root bounces you harmlessly against a nearby wall.

As mentioned before-- Defensive forms is extremely handy in a warzone. Melee takes a lot of incidental aoe and 30% is a significant margin. In voidstar especially you will be quite thankful. Personally instead of dropping force fade I'd drop focused leap to pick defensive forms up.