Curious about guild promotion requirements.

Musezy

I am the Guildmaster of a small group of players that plays on two servers. Originally we rolled on Nadd's Sarcophagus... but then a while back we re-rolled on The Fatman and have been playing there lately because Nadd's was dead.

I noticed, a couple weeks ago on The Fatman, that I have one guild member that could NOT be promoted to 'Officer' status. The 'Officer' option is grayed out in the promotion popup window when I right click on him. I can promote all the others members to 'Officer' status... just not this one person.

Then, on Wednesday, server transfers went in for Nadd's and we all moved our characters over to The Bation. The funny thing was, when we reformed the guild I noticed once again, that I could not promote the same player to 'Officer' status. Again, I can promote everyone else... just not him.

So... what is the deal? What am I missing? Why can't I promote this one single player to 'Officer' status no matter what server we are playing on?

Thanks!

Edited by Musezy

You have require authenticator ticked in the management tab.

He doesn't have one, and cannot be promoted.

Could you elaborate on this. What is this authenticator and where exactly is this management tab ?

My guild leader said oddly I could not be promoted to officer although I was one on Origin server. Never heard of this requirement before, sounds like a bug.

Edited by Stovokor

Could you elaborate on this. What is this authenticator and where exactly is this management tab ?

My guild leader said oddly I could not be promoted to officer although I was one on Origin server. Never heard of this requirement before, sounds like a bug.

Why would it be a bug? It's a toggle that the guild master can set in the guild management interface to only allow people who have an authenticator attached to their account be able to be promoted to officer. To add an extra layer of security so officers won't get hacked and wreck the guild(bank).

Obviously on your other server either the option wasn't available yet, or the then guildmaster had it toggled off. No mystery, no bug.

Why would it be a bug? It's a toggle that the guild master can set in the guild management interface to only allow people who have an authenticator attached to their account be able to be promoted to officer. To add an extra layer of security so officers won't get hacked and wreck the guild(bank).

Obviously on your other server either the option wasn't available yet, or the then guildmaster had it toggled off. No mystery, no bug.

Thanks for the clarification. Its not well known nor is this feature highlighted in regards to officers, that is why people are in the dark. Obvious from the OP's post and what I have told you from my guild experience in which no one knew what was going on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.