Marauder PVP Spec help!

MrSixsa

Hey guys I just rolled a new Marauder. Never played the class before, just came from a main PVP Gunnery Commando. Anyway I would like to know what the best spec for PVP would be and what playstyle that would entail.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys I just rolled a new Marauder. Never played the class before, just came from a main PVP Gunnery Commando. Anyway I would like to know what the best spec for PVP would be and what playstyle that would entail.

Thanks in advance!

People HATE Marauders for this, but there's ISN'T a de facto "best" spec. You could be any of them and do just as well. Annihilation offers the best sustained damage and will always throw the biggest numbers at the end of a Warzone, can melt any class (except Tank Sins/Shadows), but lack's the utility of the other classes. Carnage offers the best overall control of an opponent and is the most slippery of ninja's due to Root/Snare break on Camo and 80% predation. Deadly Throw and Ravage having Roots is AMAZING IMO. For Rage, the Derpsmash speaks for itself. You can clear doors like a mother****er this way, and do a GREAT job peeling off a ball carrier. You pretty much have a permanent predation going due to that talent that adds Fury at the end of predation, and your Berserked Vicious Slashes are a cleave. You get an extra gap-closer with Obliterate.

Overall it's up to you. I've played Carnage since EGA and I love it. I do pretty well with it too. Annihilation is the easiest spec to play IMO which is why it does so well. The damage isn't terrible obvious at a glance so you can stack DoTs all day and noobs would never know it while my Gore>Ravage>Scream combo is pretty noticeable and easy to disrupt.

Up to you at the end of the day. I hope that one day they redesign all specs like they did ours so that ALL classes have ALL their specs be considered viable. Not that they're not now, but you see all the time people asking which Mara spec is best and we all agree that they're all pretty much equal, and how good you are is determined by skill rather than spec. I wanna see that with all classes, we may not agree on balance but I'd at least like to see people say "There's isn't a best spec in the game at all, you just gotta go with your gut".

Pfft, with EA running that show that'd be the *********** day eh?