The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healers are fine. Perfectly fine. In fact probably a little more than fine.

ProfessorWalsh

I don't think you understand the point.

They used to outright ban them if it was deemed beyond the average skill level to control the character properly. That was a decision CAPCOM made. Namely Capcom said: "Zangeif is too powerful, we intended for him to be more powerful than other characters because he was more difficult to play. In competitive tournament play because those who can control him have an advantage he is removed from play."

Namely they removed him from the character select screen.

That is balancing to the average, not balancing to the elite.

Actually... tournaments are comprised of just that- the elite. So that would actually be a perfect case of them balancing to the elite- since an elite zangief since an elite of anything else would have an advantage due to the character itself being better.

In average versus average play- zangief is actually weaker than others or at most equal- so the balancing is clearly not being done for the average player.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already games are decided more or less on which team has the most operative/scoundrel healers. Anyone who thinks that healers need help simply needs to play some PVP with some good players and they need to make friends with tanks. Not once today was I able to solo a healer and I was finishing games with 600,000 damage dealt out. So no healers... You are fine... Perfectly fine.

Operative heals + tank = practically unkillable if they are good. My tankassin friend and I like to pressure/defend novare coast nodes 5v2 just for fun.