Interrupts

snaplemouton

Could we please be immune to interrupt for the duration of an interruption lockdown? T_T

Not that I am tired of looking at my Kolto Pack, Diagnostic Scan, Underworld medecine and Freighter Flyby always being locked from 1 marauder but... yeah. Stop rewarding the guy interrupting my Diagnostic scan please.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is why some classes have 12s CD and some have 8s CD. I know JK/SW archtype used to need to spend 1 rage to interrupt so that's why they have a better interrupt but this is no longer the case, so shouldn't it be reverted back to 12s?

What I don't get is why some classes have 12s CD and some have 8s CD. I know JK/SW archtype used to need to spend 1 rage to interrupt so that's why they have a better interrupt but this is no longer the case, so shouldn't it be reverted back to 12s?

Shadow/Sin and Sent/Mara can get theirs to 6s.

Shadow/Sin and Sent/Mara can get theirs to 6s.

Assassin base is 12s, talented to 10s (Deception). SW archtype interrupt is 8s, talented to 6s.

I'm pretty sure SW archtype interrupt is 8s because it used to cost 1 rage, so while you can interrupt more spells you don't get to do it for free. Well their range is 4m versus 10m for Assassin, but I don't think range alone is enough to justify being able to use an interrupt 50% more often.

Interuppts in this game are a joke. They don't lock out your entire tree, only the spell you were casting. Even without fake casting, it would require a well timed interuppt of you being at already low health for you to die.

The problem is... everyone got a low CD interrupt except for commandos/mercenaries. And JK/SW got 2 with force leap. CCs can also be considered interrupts.

This makes it impossible for an healer to cast an heal.

Interrupts require either a Diminishing returns. Or plain immunity after an interrupt.

Same for Roots. Roots require a DR or their own resolve bar.

Interuppts in this game are a joke. They don't lock out your entire tree, only the spell you were casting. Even without fake casting, it would require a well timed interuppt of you being at already low health for you to die.

Let me guess... you are a marauder in recruit gear who can't kill a full BM scoundrel?

The problem is... everyone got a low CD interrupt except for commandos/mercenaries. And JK/SW got 2 with force leap. CCs can also be considered interrupts.

This makes it impossible for an healer to cast an heal.

Interrupts require either a Diminishing returns. Or plain immunity after an interrupt.

Same for Roots. Roots require a DR or their own resolve bar.

I see your pain. I can (usually) take down merc/sorc healers one on one quite quickly, maybe too quickly (10-20 seconds) with well placed interrupts/grapple to get them back in toe. Opps I can't take down one vs one unless I pop some relics/adrenal and get very lucky with my crits/stealth scan.

my usual way to deal with healers is to grapple them into the brawl and tell my team to focus fire them quick. Interrupts are usually meaningless with this strategy, guard or no on the healer

Could we please be immune to interrupt for the duration of an interruption lockdown? T_T

Not that I am tired of looking at my Kolto Pack, Diagnostic Scan, Underworld medecine and Freighter Flyby always being locked from 1 marauder but... yeah. Stop rewarding the guy interrupting my Diagnostic scan please.

Force Kick

Instant

Cooldown: 8s

Range: 4 m

Kicks the target and interrupts its current action, preventing that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds.

I suggest you stop smashing the same healing ability button again & again, any healer will get at least 2 cast time heals + 1/2 instant heal/HoT/bubble. It's your problem to use one heal type only, not the guy who interrupt you. My healer friend you really deserved to be locked imo.

P.S. Like some guy above already mentioned, how about "fake cast"?? It doesn't seem like very hard to use right? 1 fake cast you can lock down their interrupt for at least 6 secs ~ 12 secs depends on class & spec.

Edited by Superpasta

P.S. Like some guy above already mentioned, how about "fake cast"?? It doesn't seem like very hard to use right? 1 fake cast you can lock down their interrupt for at least 6 secs ~ 12 secs depends on class & spec.

Provided they actually use the interrupt. If not, you just interrupted yourself, while the melee gets a free hit in.

Provided they actually use the interrupt. If not, you just interrupted yourself, while the melee gets a free hit in.

At least you wont disable you ability when you "interrupt" you self. Plus, everything has its trade off, you cant win it all.

Force Kick

Instant

Cooldown: 8s

Range: 4 m

Kicks the target and interrupts its current action, preventing that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds.

I suggest you stop smashing the same healing ability button again & again, any healer will get at least 2 cast time heals + 1/2 instant heal/HoT/bubble. It's your problem to use one heal type only, not the guy who interrupt you. My healer friend you really deserved to be locked imo.

Oh sure I am a moron and I try to use UWM only.

NO

I fake with Diagnostic scan and succesfully get interrupted on it. I try for UWM but get interrupted from FORCE LEAP.

Then I try for Kolto Pack as I magically got a upper hand from slow release medpac proc chance... INTERRUPTED by another guy 30 meters away.

Because healers are being focused by everyone. Because everyone have 1 if not 2 interrupts. And if you have would it be 2 people on you, you can forget about ever casting. And if you think I can survive with only emergency medpac spam at under 30% you never played scoundrel healer at level 50. My only way to survive is to yell in teamspeak to get theses people off me so I can at least make it behind that pillar and let my slow release medpac SLOWLY heal me. And maybe manage to cast an UWM if my group perform well at this task.

If you have trouble killing an healer, then go play one. Because I have no problem killing an healer on both my DPS and my HEALER. (Ironic isn't it? An healer can kill another healer with ease.)

You are the most effective healer in pvp and most mobile which also is a huge plus, AND you are also the hardest healer to kill and you want a Mercenary/Commando skill, lol.

I have a commando combat medic and I damn well know that scoundrel isn't the hardest healer to kill. Commando is the hardest to kill. Scoundrel is just the best 1v1. Which is never the case in warzones. I also have a sage healer so to the next posters, don't feed me crap about sage being worst then scoundrels. That's a lie.

No....

Making healers immune to interrupts for even one second is a great way to make me never pvp again.

What? Because you don't know that all our castables heals suck except for Underworld medecine? So it's hard to use your interrupt wisely? You want to be able to interrupt without using your head? As long as you see a cast bar on your target?

If the interrupts locked the entire healing tree, there should be a penality for the person that miss the interrupt (like more cooldown or -20% damage for the cooldown duration).

So DPS have to pay attention at their interrupts too.

Anyway it's easy to fake-cast 1 dps at the moment (well, it's better to cast a worse heal and get that interrupted instead of pure fake-casting, most of the time), 2 is a lot harder (depending on their class).

PS: in wow interrupts often had more cd, casts were faster (at least in wotlk), there were more istant heals and healing output was higher.

Edited by TheNotorius

Stop comparing to WoW. T_T

This ISN'T WoW.

In WoW you just had to cast a 0.3 second heal to full heal someone and in any case you use your Oh **** bubble or your Oh **** Less pain bubble or your Oh **** Tree form spam Regrowth (Or Bear form back in the days) while shaman just chilled in the middle of everything with their earth shield.

Edited by snaplemouton

NO

I fake with Diagnostic scan and succesfully get interrupted on it. I try for UWM but get interrupted from FORCE LEAP.

Then I try for Kolto Pack as I magically got a upper hand from slow release medpac proc chance... INTERRUPTED by another guy 30 meters away.

Because healers are being focused by everyone. Because everyone have 1 if not 2 interrupts. And if you have would it be 2 people on you, you can forget about ever casting. And if you think I can survive with only emergency medpac spam at under 30% you never played scoundrel healer at level 50. My only way to survive is to yell in teamspeak to get theses people off me so I can at least make it behind that pillar and let my slow release medpac SLOWLY heal me. And maybe manage to cast an UWM if my group perform well at this task.

If you have trouble killing an healer, then go play one. Because I have no problem killing an healer on both my DPS and my HEALER. (Ironic isn't it? An healer can kill another healer with ease.)

I have a commando combat medic and I damn well know that scoundrel isn't the hardest healer to kill. Commando is the hardest to kill. Scoundrel is just the best 1v1. Which is never the case in warzones. I also have a sage healer so to the next posters, don't feed me crap about sage being worst then scoundrels. That's a lie.

What? Because you don't know that all our castables heals suck except for Underworld medecine? So it's hard to use your interrupt wisely? You want to be able to interrupt without using your head? As long as you see a cast bar on your target?

and because you a healer you should outlive 3-4 ppl attacking you and you ONLY die due to the interrupts hmmm ok

NO

Have you got no friends to peel off the enemies stacking on top of you so they got other issues than interrupting you all the time? :rolleyes: I mean, you're being focused and interrupted by all those enemies... whoopeee... that sucks..! So then, where are your own teammates?

Ooooh, I like tanks, so I can relate. It sucks when even through my boosted defense by use of CDs, a pile of enemies can still take me down very quick through focused fire. That's very very no good.

Can I get immunity when I'm focused? Please?! :D

At least you wont disable you ability when you "interrupt" you self. Plus, everything has its trade off, you cant win it all.

You forget that the melee still has his/her interrupt afterwards.

When interrupts lock out all your healing or all your dps in one go then you can complain.

It already does for Arsenal/Gunnery.

Edited by fujeo-finel

You forget that the melee still has his/her interrupt afterwards.

if you fake cast and they blow the interrupt they don't have it...

100% of arsenal/gunnerys dps is not tracer missile and grav round.

maybe people should learn those specs are bad for pvp?

Edited by Xerain

if you fake cast and they blow the interrupt they don't have it...

Read the original post, this is if you fake-cast and the melee doesn't use his/her interrupt. The fear alone of being interrupted is enough to have your casts interrupted.

100% of arsenal/gunnerys dps is not tracer missile and grav round.

Not 100%, but you didn't specify 100% in your post that I quoted. If TM or GR gets interrupted that Merc/Commando won't be doing any real damage to anyone for 4 seconds.

maybe people should learn those specs are bad for pvp?

Some of us don't want to play Marauder vs Powertech Wars: The Old Republic.

Edited by fujeo-finel