Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Leveling from 19-50. What spec to use?

MikeMayhem

Hi guys, I'm currently level 20, I heard people usually go Carnage to 50 then switch to Anni, but I would like to know which spec is the fastest(and easiest) to get to 50. Since I really don't want to make fighting 1 pack of mobs a chore.

Thanks in advance for the insight!

Once you get deadly saber, Anni becomes a fantastic leveling spec. Idk, I leveled as Carnage back when it was still broken and didn't do its DPS properly. It just depends. I'd pick a spec and stick with it because thats more than likely the spec you'll stay. Carnage is great, but honestly I think leveling Anni is easier. There's no quickest path due to spec.

Hi guys, I'm currently level 20, I heard people usually go Carnage to 50 then switch to Anni, but I would like to know which spec is the fastest(and easiest) to get to 50. Since I really don't want to make fighting 1 pack of mobs a chore.

If you're looking to "thundercrap" on a group of mobs at once, go Rage. You can power up a big smash and put a lot of damage on them at the same time. There's also Sweeping Slash in between Smash cooldowns that you can use when you're waiting for that Force Choke/Force Crush to refresh.

If you're looking to "thundercrap" on a group of mobs at once, go Rage. You can power up a big smash and put a lot of damage on them at the same time. There's also Sweeping Slash in between Smash cooldowns that you can use when you're waiting for that Force Choke/Force Crush to refresh.

Good point, and you don't usually have to worry about Bosses avoiding the smash like players will.

I wouldn't go Rage until after level 31, since before level 31, your only way to supercharge Smash is by using Force Choke, which is on a 1-minute cooldown. At 31, you can get the talent Berserker, allowing your Berserk (when used in Shii-Cho Form) to instantly supercharge Smash as well.

That said, I didn't really like Rage all that much. Your entire gameplay revolves around setting up a huge Smash, but if you miss, for whatever reason, or stuff lives through it, you're left with Slash spam and crappy survivability. Rage is all about getting that perfect setup where everything runs to you just as you're done channeling Force Choke. If enemies are spread out, Rage is not very useful.

I prefer Annihilation, especially once you hit the higher levels. Setting up a Deadly Saber + Rupture + Berserk is sexy self-healing. Which is much needed once you hit Alderaan, unless you're running with the boy toy, Quinn.

Annihilation with Quinn.

Keep him in the best cunning gear you get from Quest rewards ,and yourself in the best STR and PWR gear.

You will be questing 3-4 levels above your own with ease.

I was killing Champions 3-4 levels above me... this spec is the absolute best for long fights,period.

New Marauder here, put my first two points on the Anni tree. Are there any guide threads in here to help orient me to the game play (what abilities to keep on my bar, which to dump immediately)?

When leveling, I wouldn't really dump any ability. We get many abilities and alot of them are situational.

The main skill you're in a hurry to get is Deadly Saber.

When leveling, I wouldn't really dump any ability. We get many abilities and alot of them are situational.

The main skill you're in a hurry to get is Deadly Saber.

Dump Pommel Strike from your attack bar. It takes valuable time for the animation to wind up, and will only fire if you nail a normal or weak mob w/ Force Scream/Smash(unless you decide to use Disable Droid on a strong droid). Savage Kick can still be used against strong, standard, or weak mobs if you slap them w/ Crippling Slash, or immediately after Force Charge, but it's another ability that's still meh.

Dump Pommel Strike from your attack bar. It takes valuable time for the animation to wind up, and will only fire if you nail a normal or weak mob w/ Force Scream/Smash(unless you decide to use Disable Droid on a strong droid). Savage Kick can still be used against strong, standard, or weak mobs if you slap them w/ Crippling Slash, or immediately after Force Charge, but it's another ability that's still meh.

Thanks! Appreciated.

Vette pretty much rocks.

DO NOT dump Pommel Strike!

There's a reason it's a situational ability.... .because it hits like a truck!

If you want to get rid of one of our hardest hitting attacks , got for it, but you're gimping yourself.

The animation is nothing and takes almost no time to complete.

DO NOT dump Pommel Strike!

There's a reason it's a situational ability.... .because it hits like a truck!

If you want to get rid of one of our hardest hitting attacks , got for it, but you're gimping yourself.

The animation is nothing and takes almost no time to complete.

Pommel Strike is a waste of action bar space. Yes, it hits like a truck, but it has a 45-second cooldown and can only be used against stunned/incapacitated targets. You'll be much better off putting Savage Kick on your action bar instead. Use it after Force Charge for some free damage.

it's not like hotbar space is that valuable to where you can't have both abilities.

:rolleyes:

Assuming you're running solo(which probably happens more often than not), let's see here.....You have Savage Kick. Can be only fired off if someone is immobilized, or slowed. Shares cooldown with Pommel Strike.

Right after force charge: Check

Right after Crippling Slash: Check

Right after Rupture(if you talent it): Check

Right after Deadly Throw(if you talent it): Check

Right after Force Crush(if you talent it): Check

You have Pommel Strike. Can only be fired on something that's been incapacitated. Unless you're facing a strong droid, the only time you can really do it is if you Force Scream something that's weak or standard class, or you blow your Intimidating Roar. And it shares a cooldown with Savage Kick. It's better for a Juggernaut that's Immortal spec because they can use the "fire and forget" Force Choke, or Backhand, but a turd for a Marauder. So yes, it's one of those abilities you can safely take off your bar and not be hurting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.