Serious overloading of servers

Obtena

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think the solution is clear:

Bioware needs to make 50 new servers for people to transfer to.

Problem solved.

Seriously, people. Were none of you around for more than three weeks? The whole "server crowding" issue is a duplicate of the release day issue... which resulted in the creation of a load of servers... which were ultimately not useful because the overcrowding issues were temporary and settled down within days. Are you so in need of immediate gratification and instant entitlement that you can't care about the state of the game as a whole... even when that is ultimately in your best interest, too?

Dont understand why transfering a character to another server & then every night after 7 be number 1500 in queue & wait 2 hrs before I can play. Why overpopulate a server like that??? Stopped playing the game because my last server was dead and now when I want to play I have to wait in queue.

Second day in a row I am not able to play because of heavy server load. I wish I had never transferred my character...

But still I am not happy about this. Please fix this soon. Not good for my motivation to keep playing swtor.

Feels like going back several years where game developers were unable to determine server load.

Well, I think the solution is clear:

Bioware needs to make 50 new servers for people to transfer to.

Problem solved.

Seriously, people. Were none of you around for more than three weeks? The whole "server crowding" issue is a duplicate of the release day issue... which resulted in the creation of a load of servers... which were ultimately not useful because the overcrowding issues were temporary and settled down within days. Are you so in need of immediate gratification and instant entitlement that you can't care about the state of the game as a whole... even when that is ultimately in your best interest, too?

Seems that you don't understand.

Why go about creating the same issue that you had at launch, when you know better.

What does it have to do with instant gratification that you expect Bioware to not do the same thing twice? Why does the pendulum have to switch between the two extreme end points and why not stop it somewhere in the middle?

The best interest of everybody is to be able to play on well populated servers.

Not to be stuck in queues or stuck on empty servers.

Instant gratification indeed...... those pesky customers and their silly wishes.

Im with the OP on this, im on the red eclipse EU, was on sluis shipyards but i started a new toon there and waited for transfers.

Now i cant log in because im in a queue. THis is exactly the same as playing on a dead server. why BECAUSE I CAN NOT PLAY, you let too many people transfer onto the same server at the same time. back to sqaure one.

Thanks BW

ok so at launch we had a ******** of people playing and now not so much the server transfers where supposed to be monitored by by the devs so we would have a balanced population. im on freedon nad or however its spelled and i have 1h and 40 min que time .....*** ?

we have 3 servers at full and heavy the rest are light wasnt that what wasnt supoosed to happen ?

lessen the servers and do a real monitored server transfer

Just stop transfering TO ToFN and start transfering on another PvP server. Also make free transfer FROM ToFN to this new server for ppl who want to leave so maybe the servers will balance out. Also guilds and their members from ToFN should make a forum post in which volunteers will be found to transfer to this server if this option ever comes live.... I think we all want those full servers those crowded areas in order to further enjoy the game :)

15 minutes is fine. 1 hour 45 minutes is NOT.

I have to agree with this completely. Transfers went a step too far. I've got 1500 waiters ahead of me in the queue on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Every pvp-player in Europe seems to have transfered in. I can't wait 40-45 minutes everynight, which seems to have become standard procedure these days.

I love SW and this game but this is not what I'm paying for.

I thought technology was at a point that it should be possible to allow more ppl on one server. Can't they raise the "cap" for the ammount of people allowed in right away, or will the i386 based server die when it receives such a load? :rolleyes:

Ah well, it's still better then empty servers.

ok so at launch we had a ******** of people playing and now not so much the server transfers where supposed to be monitored by by the devs so we would have a balanced population. im on freedon nad or however its spelled and i have 1h and 40 min que time .....*** ?

we have 3 servers at full and heavy the rest are light wasnt that what wasnt supoosed to happen ?

lessen the servers and do a real monitored server transfer

you and me both lol

Bioware should never have let already heavily populated servers to be destination servers. I'm a day 1 TOFN player and 6 months after launch, I am back to enduring queues of 1300+ and wait times of almost 90 minutes during my prime time.

Now admittedly, a small portion of that is because of the new patch but in reality, these queues have reappeared ever since server transfers were opened up and have hit as high as 600 prior to 1.3 so it's not just because of the patch today...

They need to manually transfer players to other servers, they need to fix all of the major bugs in game.

they need to do this NOW, BEFORE RELEASING ANY MORE UPDATES, PATCHES, CONTENT OR WHATEVER

I do not pay to not be able to log into the server.

This is biowares fault, and i demand they rectify their mistake, or refund my gametime.

On 5/25/12 you said this:

Tbh.. if you asked me 2 month ago I would say heck no.

But now... well unless there is a bunch of major changes to the game I wont be resubbing. I did enjoy the game, but being on a low pop server (10 people online) has killed the game for me. No pvp for over 3 weeks, etc etc

I would log on and play, if I didnt have to pay.

I play plenty of other f2p games, and I spend money as and when I choose on them. But pay monthly here? Not anymore, sry.

Today you said this:

You are in a queue. Position 1555!!!!

Seriously? Estimated time 1hr 45mins.

Yeah, whatever.

Done with this game.

You complained about low pop servers and now you complain about high pop servers ... on patch day.

/drownsabagofpuppies

Seems that you don't understand.

Why go about creating the same issue that you had at launch, when you know better.

What does it have to do with instant gratification that you expect Bioware to not do the same thing twice? Why does the pendulum have to switch between the two extreme end points and why not stop it somewhere in the middle?

The best interest of everybody is to be able to play on well populated servers.

Not to be stuck in queues or stuck on empty servers.

Instant gratification indeed...... those pesky customers and their silly wishes.

Because three weeks from now, all the servers that are now full will be heavy during peak times.

If they were to split them up more again, heavy would become standard and people would be complaining all over again.

You don't put another restaurant on the same block just because people have to wait in line during the Friday dinner rush.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

I have to agree with this completely. Transfers went a step too far. I've got 1500 waiters ahead of me in the queue on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Every pvp-player in Europe seems to have transfered in. I can't wait 40-45 minutes everynight, which seems to have become standard procedure these days.

I love SW and this game but this is not what I'm paying for.

Indeed, after all the messages and posts that they were only slowly opening transfers up and all the messages about the closely monitoring of the transers ..... one can only wonder "how could this happen?".

because it's not a surprise, evening without the numbers and monitoring tools it didn't come as a surprise. The queues have been increasing steadily over the past week during prime time. And still they kept adding transfer options TO those servers.

Just wanted to add to this post that I appreciate the situation over the last few months required server mergers to take place - however it seems this organisation seems to go from one extreme to another.

Calculating server load should be fairly simple maths - you know the game time profiles of people on each server - assuming that the majority of peoples playing habits are consistent. You overlay this on a graph for each server until you hit peak capacpity - you add an uplift for events like the new patch (which again can be forecatsed based on consumer behaviour or logs from launch and 1.2 - and boom this gives you the trigger to move onto plan the next server.

ToFN is currently a 1hr 45min wait - in 15 mins i have moved from circa 1550 - 1200 so base don this i expect to wait circa 1hr. I have played SWG, ST0 & EvE for a number of years - EvE had thousands of players on a single instance with epic battles in system with hundreds of people, I didnt need to Queue - the only Queues I have expecrienced were on STO and these were at launch and soon reduced (mainly as the game died).

I pay to play, not to Queue - I'm british so we're used to Queuing (and usually without complaining too) but there's a limit of acceptability and tonight Bio went over that limit and have reach a point where as a company they owe their customers an acknowledgement that they have miscalculated and detail what steps we as customers can expect them to take to remedy the situation.

So Bioware, i'll await your comments :)

sort it out. tofn almost 2 hour queue time. ive been in it for an hour and ive only just gone below 500th in the queue.

increase population caps if you want to avoid losing anymore subs.

this will make people unsub more then lack of content.

ToFN was already heavy to full before they started the transfers. Sure the last week before the transfers were introduced there was a small drop. Maybe even making room for an extra serverload of toons, but this they should have seen coming miles away. Especially knowing 1.3 would give a boost to returning players.

During daytime it's my job to prevent similar events for other companies and I'd be out of a job if I failed to see this coming. Yay, I'm at 999 and waiting...