Serious overloading of servers

Obtena

Simply I can't play anymore. They transfered all english european PvP servers to Tomb.

Now there is 1600+ people queue.. That's just ridiculous..

Don't know what they are going to do with that, but I simply can't play, i would have to wait 2 hours in queue.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooo o o o o o o *darth vader*

I was 900 in queue and i got a nice error (error 37?) and now i am 1600.

:eek:*insert a few nooooo's* :eek:

1600? Glad I got on early. :eek:

Still at least it's not 4000+ like at launch.

1600? Glad I got on early. :eek:

Still at least it's not 4000+ like at launch.

Wait a few days until ppl resub and transfer from their dead servers to the tomb...during the last 7 days queue increased each day about 100 - 200 ppl at approx. the same time when i log on.

Wont be long untill 4000+ queues...

Just wanted to add to this post that I appreciate the situation over the last few months required server mergers to take place - however it seems this organisation seems to go from one extreme to another.

Calculating server load should be fairly simple maths - you know the game time profiles of people on each server - assuming that the majority of peoples playing habits are consistent. You overlay this on a graph for each server until you hit peak capacpity - you add an uplift for events like the new patch (which again can be forecatsed based on consumer behaviour or logs from launch and 1.2 - and boom this gives you the trigger to move onto plan the next server.

ToFN is currently a 1hr 45min wait - in 15 mins i have moved from circa 1550 - 1200 so base don this i expect to wait circa 1hr. I have played SWG, ST0 & EvE for a number of years - EvE had thousands of players on a single instance with epic battles in system with hundreds of people, I didnt need to Queue - the only Queues I have expecrienced were on STO and these were at launch and soon reduced (mainly as the game died).

I pay to play, not to Queue - I'm british so we're used to Queuing (and usually without complaining too) but there's a limit of acceptability and tonight Bio went over that limit and have reach a point where as a company they owe their customers an acknowledgement that they have miscalculated and detail what steps we as customers can expect them to take to remedy the situation.

So Bioware, i'll await your comments :)

Said very well sir!

You have saved me the time to type it myself.

The minute i saw all accounts being offered a transfer to one server (EU-PVP) the alarm bells rang off. I assumed they must have had a massive back end upgrade so as to feel totally at easy on patch day or dare we say it, Expansion release when i few million players come back for a go on the new rides!

Im afraid predictions for that event now have to be grim.

Edited by ProfD

What a lier. 6hour queue my ***.

Nope, the absolute truth, 6+ hours real time queuing back at release (many times I queued around lunchtime and didn't get on till after tea :eek:).

4000-4500+ people in the queue and no one logging off.

If you didn't see that you were lucky, but there were plenty of servers with queues that long initially. :)

Although I must say I can't see what you think I'd gain by lying about it. :confused:

Edited by Goretzu

Just wanted to add to this post that I appreciate the situation over the last few months required server mergers to take place - however it seems this organisation seems to go from one extreme to another.

Calculating server load should be fairly simple maths - you know the game time profiles of people on each server - assuming that the majority of peoples playing habits are consistent. You overlay this on a graph for each server until you hit peak capacpity - you add an uplift for events like the new patch (which again can be forecatsed based on consumer behaviour or logs from launch and 1.2 - and boom this gives you the trigger to move onto plan the next server.

ToFN is currently a 1hr 45min wait - in 15 mins i have moved from circa 1550 - 1200 so base don this i expect to wait circa 1hr. I have played SWG, ST0 & EvE for a number of years - EvE had thousands of players on a single instance with epic battles in system with hundreds of people, I didnt need to Queue - the only Queues I have expecrienced were on STO and these were at launch and soon reduced (mainly as the game died).

I pay to play, not to Queue - I'm british so we're used to Queuing (and usually without complaining too) but there's a limit of acceptability and tonight Bio went over that limit and have reach a point where as a company they owe their customers an acknowledgement that they have miscalculated and detail what steps we as customers can expect them to take to remedy the situation.

So Bioware, i'll await your comments :)

Could not say it better myself. I only get on a couple hours a couple days of the week. Tbh i can not see myself playing much longer if i have to spend half the time i get on the computer in a queue. At the end of the day i pay to play not to queue.

This is just perfect!!!

Got kicked from a server and now i must wait for a bloody 2 hours in QUEUE???!!!!

Bioware fix this damn thing and make transfers OFF the Tomb of Naga Sadow NOT TO

Jesus i mean ppl get really great ideas sometimes for game "improvements"

Well, here we go again....

One side saying over populated servers are a healthy sign and that it will resolve itself in the end. The other side screaming for blood!

Im a blood screamer i'm afraid. Consider this:

You have been playing with your mates on TOFN since the beginning in your guild. You try to plan ops or WZ groups setting a time for everyone to be on which acommodates your real life work and family committments having say 3 hours in an evening. Trying to anticipate the queues mean that you try to log on a little earlier ... fine .... even anticipating tonights mass return to see the 1.3 patch .... for 1500 in the queue.... a lot of wasted time.

Raid unlikeley to happen now and if it did there is a very good chance that one member will DC and screw it all up anyway whilst he/she has to queue again. Yes if you are lucky there is a replacement or a good pug you happen to know.... but it still isnt right. It adds that high level of irritation.

Maybe they will sort it out in a week or a few days ... who knows. The FACT is that they allowed transfers to the highest populated servers. Its counter-intuitive, illogical... frankly insane,

If they have a master plan regarding this they better pull the rabbit out of the hat sharpish.

In any other service that you pay for ...if the service becomes so limited that its unworkable ,,,,, even for a short time .... you shouldnt have to pay at all.

Anyone who says we should be grateful for all this frankly has my contempt and cannot be taken seriously.

Seriously this is UNACCEPTABLE! 1461 people queued for Tomb of Freedon Nadd. There goes my night of fun! I want a day refund if I don't get in within the next hour. For a MMORPG like this, this can't happen! Why is there a server cap anyway? I thought MMORPG did not have them?

Could not say it better myself. I only get on a couple hours a couple days of the week. Tbh i can not see myself playing much longer if i have to spend half the time i get on the computer in a queue. At the end of the day i pay to play not to queue.

Same. Much as I'd love to no-life it for a while, unfortunately that pesky thing called work and life gets in the way. I get 2-3 hours game time a few times a week and thats fine for me, happy to pay subs for that. But not if I cant play the game because of 2 hour queues... looks like I'm gonna un-sub, and cant believe that I am the only one in that position. CYA Star Wars: The Old Re-Patch It.

GL HF

queues go away, im sure theres extra people on tonight simply because of the xfers. i dont see any queues up that are more than 10 minutes atm.

10 mins ? I've just logged on and been told 1h45mins, may aswell not bother playing at all.

Seriously this is UNACCEPTABLE! 1461 people queued for Tomb of Freedon Nadd. There goes my night of fun! I want a day refund if I don't get in within the next hour. For a MMORPG like this, this can't happen! Why is there a server cap anyway? I thought MMORPG did not have them?

This is what happens when you use 3rd party shoddy game engine and spend the money on marketing and voiceovers instead.

Seriously this is UNACCEPTABLE! 1461 people queued for Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Oh my god! A load of people on one of the most loaded servers all want to play at the same time right after a major client update! That's unthinkable! Who could have predicted this?

There goes my night of fun! I want a day refund if I don't get in within the next hour. For a MMORPG like this, this can't happen!

It's unthinkable! They should partition the servers so that no more than the max cap of players is allowed to create characters.

Also: Restaurants should have enough seating to serve the entire metropolitan area they are found in. Theaters should be able to seat everyone in the Zip code. Grocery stores should carry enough bread, milk, coke, and doritos that everyone in the area could buy some on any particular day and they wouldn't run out.

Sure, it would be crushingly inefficient, but no one would ever have to wait in line or be left without the opportunity to get what they want.

Why is there a server cap anyway? I thought MMORPG did not have them?

Seriously? Do you think that computers are magical devices? That they can handle any level of workload and never have any problems?

That's not the case by the way (My previous attempt at sarcasm failed).

Whatever happened to the system that put you at the beginning of the queue if you DCd? Back at launch, the queues were bloody annoying, but at least if you DCd and logged right back in, you usually got in immediately.

I guess they decided such a system was no longer necessary when most of their servers died a slow death. And I guess no one thought to reactivate this system now that they once again reintroduced the players to the pleasure of anticipation... and 1.5hr+ queues.

This is the second night in a row when raiding is next to impossible. Yesterday, we had to rotate people in and out of a raid about 4 times as people kept losing connection and queuing. A smaller guild would be screwed. Same thing today. I guess we are now all just playing a game of chicken, waiting to see who cancels their subs first to make the experience more fun for the rest of us.

Also: Restaurants should have enough seating to serve the entire metropolitan area they are found in. Theaters should be able to seat everyone in the Zip code. Grocery stores should carry enough bread, milk, coke, and doritos that everyone in the area could buy some on any particular day and they wouldn't run out.

Well, hate to break it for you, but if there is no room in the restaurants, I will NOT be asked to pay for a meal I have not eaten.

See what I did there ?