The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

character transfers, how disappointing

Antoeknee

So after seeing the writing on the wall 3 months ago, I sucked it up and lvled up three 50's on a more populated server. This server ( that I have no intention on leaving) I was hoping to bring my other toons once character transfers were up and running. Sadly this is not the case.

My question is this, How does tranfering a toon to a server I am currently playing on impact server population when it is still just me playing? Why are you not allowing me to consolidate all my toons on one server?

Because that is not the way the system works. In all likelihood you will have to wait for paid transfers.

I presume they are following this course to level out the population among a core group of servers (mega/super servers) and to even out the faction balance. Having a free for all transfer would not solve the latter problem and only beef up a couple of servers instead of a more healthy group of servers.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

Take it easy...this is just the beginning. They've said there will be more things to come in the future. However as they love to do they wont tell us anything till it happens.... transfers to any server will prob show up eventually in one form or another so just relax for now.

Free Transfers work like this is every MMO. There are source and destination servers.

You should of thought about that before you started making characters all on different servers.

Transfers to any server are almost always Paid transfers and now you will just have to wait for them.

So after seeing the writing on the wall 3 months ago, I sucked it up and lvled up three 50's on a more populated server. This server ( that I have no intention on leaving) I was hoping to bring my other toons once character transfers were up and running. Sadly this is not the case.

My question is this, How does tranfering a toon to a server I am currently playing on impact server population when it is still just me playing? Why are you not allowing me to consolidate all my toons on one server?

Because they want you to pay more money when paid transfers come. Their bottom line is $$$, not your concerns.

Because they want you to pay more money when paid transfers come. Their bottom line is $$$, not your concerns.

yeah fight the power!!

i hate when walmart charges me for groceries. i keep asking management to let me just walk in and out with what i need. and i'll pay those corporate dogs when i feel like it.

it will happen eventually. this is just step one. anything more profound than this would only cause more problems. See the formula is this...."fix the problems while causing the fewest amount of new problems". No matter WHAT they do, there will be new problems. contrary to popular (well popular on this forum anyway) opinions, Bioware actually DOES listen to the people. But we, the people, do not work and govern the company. The company's job is to please as many customers as possible. you can never please everyone....that is impossible. And there are many many other opinions other than the ones expressed on these forums.

This is stage 1 of the "Too many server, too little population" quandry. Stage 2 and 3 will follow directly. You just have to be patient. They obviously can't jump to stage 2 until stage 1 is complete can they.

See I think you had the right idea. I say that because it is exactly what I did. I abandoned all my characters and re-rolled on a high populated server. I will never look back. My old characters were on an RP-PVE server (don't ask me why....i don't even know HOW to RP. It just seemed like everyone on those servers were a little more mature than the ineveitble barrens chat on DK on PVE servers.). But my new server is what I like and what I should have stayed with from the beginning...a regular old PvE server. Luckily I chose Jedi Covanent which ALWAYS has a heavy to very heavy if not full population. I have been playing this game since day 2 of early access. I still do not regret leaving and abandoning my high level characters and all my lagacy levels to compeltly reroll on a new server. Best descision I ever made. I reccommend everyone do it. don't wait.....just reroll.

Yeah, seriously, BW should have thought you personally when allowing transfers. Never mind the fact that if they allowed this everybody would most likely transfer to the same server just elevating the problem. But really who cares, because it's only about me me me.

Edited by Lugosi

I guess you didn't win the destination server lotto either.

Everyone is a winner with this process, even those who refuse to see it.

You are currently on a dead server and will soon either have people brought to you or the option to go to them.

Having a preferred destination is pointlessly creating an unrealistic expectaction that will only serve to dissappoint you when your fantasy fails to materialize in reality. Whatever server you are allowed to transfer to will be vastly superior to where you are now.

Greetings,

Now that the character transfer progress is underway, we know our community is eager to discuss the details and the individual preferences.

We are asking everyone to please have that conversation in one main thread so as to keep the forums a bit better organized:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344

This thread will be closed now. Thank you for your cooperation!