The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Color Crystal Gathering

MiccoSingh

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to choose which Color Crystals your companions should gather? I always have to send my companions atleast 10 times on gathering before I get the color I want. Why not just let the player decide which color to gather. Like this: clicking existing Color Crystal gathering missions opens up a small window. It gives you the option to choose which color you want to gather. If the player don't care which color he/she gets there's a 'Random' option. Good idea, eh?

You could buy them on the GTN, or farm them on the planets if you don't want to wait for the companion to bring you a random color back. Farming them is MUCH faster than waiting on your crew missions to complete, and buying them is even faster (instant).

You could buy them on the GTN, or farm them on the planets if you don't want to wait for the companion to bring you a random color back. Farming them is MUCH faster than waiting on your crew missions to complete, and buying them is even faster (instant).

Gathering is cheaper (sometimes) and faster (sometimes). Buying can cost so much you don't want to play the game anymore and Farming is also random. Take Dromund Kaas for example. I know the location of a few crystal formations but if I gather one and come back later it's usually another type there. First Rubat, then all the colors and then Rubat again. Sometimes they don't even spawn the color I want. And being nice to your companions and giving them gifts makes them work faster.

Edited by MiccoSingh

Create three or four alts and have them only do arifice missions. Email them the cash they need to do the missions. You'll get the colors you want faster, though it will cost you more. Sell off the colors you don't want to help mitigate the costs.

I sell a lot of crystals and often run out of blue and red crystals.

You should have plenty of yellow and orange as they are a byproduct of treasure hunting for curusca gems.

I find buying them on the GTN is quite cost effective as using archaeology can be quite hit and miss.

Also gather crystals while doing your dailies and you can get quite a few.

• 10 months later...
Question i know crafting is hard but i know there are colors in the GTC and there well quite exspenitve live the purple color crystal lvl 1 its 200,000 credits and my frustration is this I've crafted for two hours and no grade 2 crystals:confused: