Scrouge weaker then Kira ?

Maccie_D

This morning I finally got Lord Scrouge on the team ... but is it just me or is this guy abut as strong as a pudlle of mud ?

He gets taken down by simple level 41 crowds (say 3 to 4 persons) in no time.

Used him a couple of times against a Sith Tirant ... well lets say ,he's no help at all :(

On that not Kira is much stronger in terms to use as compagnon in fights then he is.

Second thing I noticed is Scrouge's lightsaber.

I'm a Jedi Sentinel with both my lightsabers doing a max DPS of 246

His lightsaber is better up to modifaction level then mine ... and only has a max DPS of 199

Kind of weired :confused:

(Kira's double saber has about 280 max DPS by the way)

Edited by Maccie_D

He's a tank, she's a dps. Tank companions need really good gear or being teamed with a healing or stealth burst class to shine. Every class has a melee tank regardless (5 companions, 5 roles), he's just not really useful for knights. Edited by Mordeguy

As far as I've learned through play, I would've expected scourge in his tank stance to compliment a sentinel far greater than kira. Infact I would've expected anyone doing anything would compliment a sentinel better than kira (a geared C2-N2 is no exception)

From most efficient, companion roles tend to go Healer>Tank>Ranged DPS>Melee DPS

Or in other words, the ones who will keep their player alive the longest.

Put scourge in his tank stance, make sure it's specifically a SHIELD in his offhand slot, don't let a single piece of gear fall more than 5 levels behind.

If you don't mind sacrificing personal style and killing SPEED, Doc will get you through fights you wouldn't otherwise survive through. Any mob you don't attack will stick to him, giving you a lot of control over how to share the threat.

Really? I'm a level 50 guardian, and i immediately wanted to try my new companion when i got Scourge and Rusk. I always used Scourge, just because he seemed like my Sith Sidekick.but again, I'm a guardian, so I didn't need a tank, so I tried Rusk. Eh, not as tough as I wanted. Scourge was harder to mix up. So I turned off his taunt and challenge abilities, and even got rid of the AoE ability of his that "Draws a very high amount of threat". After I mixed and matched, he turned out VERY good damage. He can hold an enemy, in case my tanking doesn't do well, and over all about equal to Kira.

So, mix it up, take off his "high amount of threat" and taunt abilities, as he will be using those whenever possible, unless they are off. I actually brought him along with another 2 people for Maelstrom prison, I tanking.

I actually kept him in his basic: "Scourge's jacket" the whole time, just because it makes him look like an actual Sith, not a jedi guardian with red skin. (I put him in upgraded everything else though). Again, this is what a guardian does, but do some mix-and matching, and it'll be perfect.

I have a Columi+Tionese-geared Kira and a Columi-geared Scourge.

Kira wins by far. She just does a lot of damage, and very quickly - and I haven't even bothered to optimize her mod loadout, unlike with Scourge who basically has my old DPS gear. As far as tanking goes, I don't think companion tanks are all that good. Even when I gave Scourge my personal tank gear to test it out, he was pretty underwhelming, to be honest.

I have a Columi+Tionese-geared Kira and a Columi-geared Scourge.

Kira wins by far. She just does a lot of damage, and very quickly - and I haven't even bothered to optimize her mod loadout, unlike with Scourge who basically has my old DPS gear. As far as tanking goes, I don't think companion tanks are all that good. Even when I gave Scourge my personal tank gear to test it out, he was pretty underwhelming, to be honest.

Thats funny because my scourage in columi tank gear and stance puts out about 600 dps and kira in tin/ columi puts out about 700. Diffrence is that scourage does that while holding threat tanking and kira is a glass cannon.

You can have them go through their rotation and parse the numbers btw.

And did i mention that scourage has an ability that gives you and him a small heal?

Hands down, with some decent gear, scourage is the best compaion for dps sentinels. I kill faster and move quicker with him then any other companion.

Thats funny because my scourage in columi tank gear and stance puts out about 600 dps and kira in tin/ columi puts out about 700. Diffrence is that scourage does that while holding threat tanking and kira is a glass cannon.

You can have them go through their rotation and parse the numbers btw.

And did i mention that scourage has an ability that gives you and him a small heal?

Hands down, with some decent gear, scourage is the best compaion for dps sentinels. I kill faster and move quicker with him then any other companion.

Haven't parsed it, but, judging by damage on ability tooltips, combined with ability cooldowns, Kira seems to be more efficient.

Also, Scourge's heal is about as powerful as a single Focused Defense tick.

I also levelled a Marauder almost exclusively with Vette. Annihilation build, rarely had any health problems if I utilized my defenses and control accordingly.

Haven't parsed it, but, judging by damage on ability tooltips, combined with ability cooldowns, Kira seems to be more efficient.

Also, Scourge's heal is about as powerful as a single Focused Defense tick.

I also levelled a Marauder almost exclusively with Vette. Annihilation build, rarely had any health problems if I utilized my defenses and control accordingly.

Parse them, you'll be suprised. Some of the AIs just work better. Doing all the dailies on all three planets, scourage gets the job done faster when geared and played right. I also find that rusk out dps kira too in similar gear. Kira imo and testing, is the least desired companion.

Here you go:

Set up ze Emperor's Wrath to only take aggro from one enemy, instead the entire pack. Change his stance, toggle off AoE taunt, etc.

If you set him to just aggro a single dude, you'll have much more fun with him, and he won't get instantly smoked.

Also

No idea. I use doc all the time. Both Kira and scourge are a bit meh.

The #1 surefire sign of a bad Sentinel player is they use their healing companion.

scourge is a great tank companion when geared. generally on mobs he'll rarely get down to 60% on trash before i take them out.. even elites etc..

My scourge has champ gear btw

Yep, and then when you speeder up to go to the next area, he comes back with full health and no down time for meditating. Hes so mjch faster then the others its sick.

Scourge is a Melee Tank, not Melee DPS like Kira. That said, his Endurance never seems to do him much good. Go figures.

Gear him better than. And yes, scourage is a tank and is tank dps is almost as good as kiras single target dps. The diffrence is, he is a good tank and she is made of glass. Parse the numbers dude, you have the tools.

The #1 surefire sign of a bad Sentinel player is they use their healing companion.

Fresh 50 trying to solo take down Two Hands better use Doc, and needs to move their target out of red circles. The use of the right tool is a sure sign of a good Sentinel.