Current Transfer Servers

Auck

I would be surprised if it were a destination since it seems to be one of the mid-low population east coast PvE servers. But I have been wrong many many times before.

More recently its fallen into that category, but a few weeks ago it was doing decently and was definitely a middle pop server. If you look, The Bastion is a target server but appears to be low pop so I guess any server can be a target.

I can't see them doing multiple servers --> 1 server because that could be considered a "merger" possibly, but I'm surprised to see the big name servers already up there in Jedi Cov, Fatman, etc. Guess we have to see how it plays out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just move them one at a time, why is this hard to grasp?

He was unsure if you /could/ move them piecemeal instead of "all characters on this server".

Its an understandable question (one of very few in this thread) since it isn't covered explicitly by the FAQ. Luckily for him, he can transfer a single character.

I understand the need to start slow but 2 things to consider:

1) As others have said, 4 NA servers to start is a bit appalling. That is insulting by any metric. Would a nice round number like 10 NA servers broken their backs? Would it be too much for the monkeys they seem to have randomly banging on their computers?

2) Again, I understand the need to start slow "just in case" and the logic of filling Fatman first does make some sense. But doesn't it make more sense to kill 2 birds with one stone by transferring players from say 5 low pops to a medium pop (and I use to term medium pop lightly. It just means less dead)? I mean, Fatman doesn't need any help. Those players are fine. By migrating the really dead servers to the dead outside 2 hours during primetime servers, you are taking care of more players in a more efficient manner. By transferring to fatty, this is half as efficient and arguably, is destructive as fatty becomes overpopulated and the population becomes a detriment instead of a positive. It doesn't have to be absolutely full or absolutely dead BW;

One interruption of the initial list of transfers could be that we are indeed heading towards a massive consolidation of servers to 10 or less. Which is all well and good but as far as we know, they have not raised pop caps and there is no time table for this. What makes this concerning then, is if they are trying to create massive severs with these transfers but are also still working on increasing pop caps, how long of a time table are we on mostly dead servers looking at here??? Because with no word at all of super servers, we have to assume if that is what they are still working the tech out for, those of us falling into the median could have a LONG wait before we are looking at healthy pops to play with.

The disappointment the community feels is partly because of the in no way can it be interpreted other than infinitely tiny amount of servers this morning, and the complete and utter uncertainty of what the future of our servers are at this point. How far away is my server from a transfer? Is it even eligible for a transfer? I understand BW s reluctance to answer destination servers as those can change; they have no excuse not to tell us whether we can expect to be origin servers and where in the priority of transfers we can expect to be.

He was unsure if you /could/ move them piecemeal instead of "all characters on this server".

Its an understandable question (one of very few in this thread) since it isn't covered explicitly by the FAQ. Luckily for him, he can transfer a single character.

Thank you, that was my question which you answered politely. Thanks again for that. :)

Any chance we can get some info about when we will be able to pay to move to a server of our choice....if at all it will ever happen, Im 95% sure that my origin server wont be going to anywhere i want to be unless it becomes a paid service

I'm 95% sure that the majority of players on your server who plan on transferring prefer to do so using a free service rather than a paid service.

Hello all,

We want to make sure that information regarding eligible server transfers doesn't get missed by the community. In order to prevent that, we're going to consolidate the threads and have you continue your discussion regarding the eligible transfer servers in the official thread. You can find the thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344