Similar type server to similar type server

revial

Transfers seem to be from similar type servers to similar type servers.

Does this mean Ajunta Pall is screwed, being the only West Coast RP-PvP server? We average 30 people on Fleet during primetime these days.

I see the other two RP-PVP servers are essentially merging, but both are East Coast. I'm really hoping you don't let 'West' and 'East' coast keep you from saving our dead server.

Does this mean Ajunta Pall is screwed, being the only West Coast RP-PvP server? We average 30 people on Fleet during primetime these days.

I see the other two RP-PVP servers are essentially merging, but both are East Coast. I'm really hoping you don't let 'West' and 'East' coast keep you from saving our dead server.

Unfortunately yes.... they list in the FAQ that ONLY same type transfers will be occurring until paid transfers come out, and it was vague as to if even then you could cross type transfer. Sucks because I have my main and legacy on a pve server and a toon on Ajunta Pall that I rolled a month ago, I would love to bring my old guys to Ajunta but it doesnt look like I'll put much faith in ever doing that =(

I hope it will work out for your server population but, If I were BioWare, your problem would be one I'd address once I got a little better feel for how the transfers are playing out in a later wave. I would hope that your server will be offered a selection of destinations once the dust settles somewhat. For instance, you could change region for an existing RP-PvP server or go to a west coast PvP or RP server. It's not perfect but, that server type only attracts a certain size population.

Edited by Matte_Black

30? hardly Repub is 80 or more most night's on fleet alone,weekends it's over 100 easily.

Dunno about Imperial.

30? hardly Repub is 80 or more most night's on fleet alone,weekends it's over 100 easily.

Dunno about Imperial.

I haven't seen over 100 people on Fleet in probably a month. When we used to average 150+ on Fleet, we used to hit 'Heavy'.

These days we sometimes don't even hit 'Standard' during prime time. We also haven't been the highest pop rp-pvp server in about a month (used to be easily the highest).

Please, in the interest of saving our dead server, do not exaggerate the numbers.

Though, obviously, Bioware must know the exact numbers themselves, and that issue really has nothing to do with how screwed Ajunta Pall is, as the only West Coast RP-PVP server, unless they relax their server type requirements for transfers.

Do you really want to be the only North American server in the entire game that does not have an influx of population when transfers are all over?

And the guy beneath me apparently didn't get the point of this thread. At all.

Edited by revial

They're probably going to have a small amount of destination servers, but they're transferring into them one origin server at a time in order to monitor the population.

Example: let's say there's 20 destination servers, but 100 origin servers. Ideally, you'd have 5 origin servers going into one destination server. But you want to monitor the traffic to see if maybe one server needs 6 and another needs four to get the best population balance.

Unfortunately, in order to do this properly, it requires time for the developers, and (god forbid) patience from the community.

They're probably going to have a small amount of destination servers, but they're transferring into them one origin server at a time in order to monitor the population.

Example: let's say there's 20 destination servers, but 100 origin servers. Ideally, you'd have 5 origin servers going into one destination server. But you want to monitor the traffic to see if maybe one server needs 6 and another needs four to get the best population balance.

Unfortunately, in order to do this properly, it requires time for the developers, and (god forbid) patience from the community.

Thats not relevant to this discussion... there are only a few rp-pvp servers, and BW has stated that ONLY same type transfers will be occuring.... so the few rp-pvp servers are not included in your wait and see approach;)

And the guy beneath me apparently didn't get the point of this thread. At all.

Yes I did... you said TYPE of server... west coast is not a type, its a location. However, they probably wont be transferrig east coast to west coast because of connectivity issues and or play times would be wayyy different.

Edited by JediKalel