Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and me both. I re-rolled on JC a few weeks ago and would love to be able to transfer all my characters from Telos. I am already in a guild on that server, so it would be nice to continue on.

With that said, as much as I would love to combine my characters, just having my Telos characters on a high pop server would be a huge plus regardless of what that server then end up on.

Sadly i dont think it will since we got shafted and might go to a lower population one.

Nice to see a new wave of transfer servers, but too bad my server is not on the list. Hopefully I'll be able to transfer my main when I get off work tonight, since there were so many servers released on the first wave today.

Terentatek should definitely be in the next wave! (12 other people on fleet at peak times last night)

Crossing my fingers for The Fatman ;)

I still maintain that the high traffic being focused almost solely towards Ebon Hawk for RPvE is a mistake. E.Hawk and Adraas have nearly equal populations (Adraas actually has slightly less numbers). Split the traffic, have two big RP servers.

If I'm doing this correctly, it looks like Rubat Crystal is the LAST RPvE server left.

Edited by AlyxDinas

It would seem Bioware is transfering servers by population is this true CSR? I mean if you tell us you are the people like myself while won't be happy wouldn't hold it against you due to saving bigger pop guilds from being broken up. Please just a bit of honesty for us on the worst of the worst servers.

Try an active fleet pop of 2-3 empire.

You don't really know what the worst of the worst is. Bioware does not release these numbers and TOR status has the lower 100 or so US servers all ranked about equally bad, as all they can go by is the "light" designation.

Crevasse City: Players on the Imperial Fleet:1

# of Imperial Players on Server:14

Malos Lvl 50 Sith Juggernaut

Council of Darkness

Doesn't help that we aren't logging in until we get xfers malos that would have been 3 on the fleet and 16 total =P. Me and Rko playing wow to pass the time.

I don't want to be transferred to a destination server. I'm playing on an east coast server. I want to be on a west coast server. Way to go bioware. You messed up again. I'll definitely be cancelling my subscription.

I don't want to be transferred to a destination server. I'm playing on an east coast server. I want to be on a west coast server. Way to go bioware. You messed up again. I'll definitely be cancelling my subscription.

you what????? the transfers are a good thing what ever server you go to.

I think its fair to say a lot of us were upset yesterday due to lack of servers added, however today is a huge improvement and at this rate another few days i think most servers would have been added. Edited by kmufc

Perhaps you shouldn't have rolled on an east coast server if you wanted to be on west coast?

I think its fair to say a lot of us were upset yesterday due to lack of servers added, however today is a huge improvement and at this rate another few days i think most servers would have been added.

Hopefully they can do 3-4 waves today.

You don't really know what the worst of the worst is. Bioware does not release these numbers and TOR status has the lower 100 or so US servers all ranked about equally bad, as all they can go by is the "light" designation.

seeing in prime time there is an average of 2-3 50s on empire side I would easily say compared to most we are there, we hit standard pop once after release and never again. The highest our fleet pop was eve was 16 on the empire side. Our fleet is empty more then people are on it lol.

And this is their problem how, exactly? How did they mess up the fact that you rolled on a server across the coast? How is it their fault that you don't wish to be transferred? They provided an option, you *CHOSE* not to take it. Exit, stage left.

Excellent!!! Keep those servers coming - by now the current count is 48 source servers that is almost half-way through the list!!

Let's see some love for Port Nowhere so that that ghost town can move onto other servers that actually have more than 20 people at peak time.

Thanks!!!!!

I approve this message...

Perhaps you shouldn't have rolled on an east coast server if you wanted to be on west coast?

A lot of people originally rolled on the servers that their guilds were headed to. Then everyone quit the game.

seeing in prime time there is an average of 2-3 50s on empire side I would easily say compared to most we are there, we hit standard pop once after release and never again. The highest our fleet pop was eve was 16 on the empire side. Our fleet is empty more then people are on it lol.

I see similar numbers on my servers fleet, and I've seen countless people on here giving similar numbers on a variety of servers.

As of now, the plan is still to maintain transfers between PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE, RP-PvP to RP-PvP, and RP-PvE to RP-PvE. The fact that only one RP-PvP server exists for each language in Europe does not change this, so you are right: there won't be any free character transfers available for these three servers in order to maintain the servers' designations as RP-PvP. However, as we mentioned before, this is all part of our initial service. Future versions of the character transfer service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee.

I have one alt on Calypho, and not even allow the server to atleast move to a PvP server as an option

is just really bad !

Who ever is in charge of this better prepare for alot of players unsubbing on that server(if that person even cares)

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I'm sure they will eventually open the service to transfer to any server you want, if you pay for it. Kind of like another MMO by Blizzard does.

That's the plan. Consolidate the population now and then for those who don't want to move for whatever reason can do so at a seperate cost.