The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Some guidance for a newly minted fifty

Seyahat

So I have finally got my Vanguard to fifty and plan to do a fair amount of pvp and pve instances on my limited time. I hate landscape pve and will probably give that up now that I am leveled. So a few bits of advice that I need:

1. I am not fond of retraiting/regearing. I currently run a variation on the iron fist: can I use this to tank most pve instances or will it be insufficiently sturdy?

2. Will I need to get a pve gear set for instances in addition to my pvp gear?

3. What is the most efficient way to gear up for pvp now that I have my recruit pvp gear?

Thanks in advance

1. Iron Fist is in my opinion perfectly viable for tanking PvE content. The final points in the tanking tree are not really necessary for your tanking.

2. For the T1 flashpoints, you can use Battlemaster gear for Tanking. These are also more easy to obtain. But sometimes it's better to have columi gear, which you will get anyway for doing Flashpoints and Operations. The same goes for Story Mode Operations. For Operations of a higher difficulty, it's best to go with Columi gear and afterwards go Rakata/Campaign.

3. If you have your full recruit set, the most efficient way is to pick up the dailies every day (and the weekly every week) and win... Find a good guild and form premades with a communications channel. There's no real shortcut, just grind the warzone commendations and buy your gear.

Additional note: If you put yourself in full augmented gear, you can put the BM mods in there and use augments to cover the loss you have from not wearing PvE gear in instances.