Consular's Padawan needs to be beefed up.

Maullum

I love saber jockeys. It's fun to swing the things around and slice and dice people, right? Anyway, no matter the Saber Jockey, eventually you have to get around to leaving a Legacy behind. By that, I mean you need to start teaching other Jockeys to follow in your footsteps. What's fascinating is they often take different paths than you, while keeping to your teachings.

So with that said...

Jedi Knight has a Jedi Shadow padawan. Makes sense, different, but at the same time still a Jedi.

Sith Warrior has a Sith Assassin or Jedi Shadow apprentice (see what I did there ;)). See, different, but still the same.

Sith Inquisitor has a Jedi Sentinel apprentice. Now, if you're me, it would get very boring seeing two double-sabers in action, makes you feel unspecial ;). Also, the medium armour on Ashara is nice, actually makes her last in a fight ;).

Which brings me to the Jedi Consular. Which has a Jedi Shadow padawan.... again... not only is the double double-sabering driving me insane, it's also that she doesn't equal Ashara in terms of armour.

Nadia =/= Ashara in other words. The style of DPS is different, and so is survivability... My question is why? Why, BioWare, did you make Nadia yet ANOTHER Jedi Shadow apprentice? Why not a Sentinel, something refreshing!

Please, please, please, beef up Nadia, and have her wield two sabers instead of one double saber. Please.

Also, when we first get her, giver her vibroblades or something, just so we can give her her sabers WHEN SHE BECOMES OUR PADAWAN. It is quite annoying to see her run around Sabering before Jedihood when I didn't get to.

And THANK YOU for taking time to read this :p

Edited by Maullum

Light-armour Force-user companions have passive skills that buff their armour. Light Side ones have something called "Purity of the Light Side", while Darksiders have "Passion of the Dark Side". Those skills increase their armour by 30%.

Check your skills pane (P key), Companion tab, while your Nadia is with you.

Also, offhand lightsaber does only 30% weapon damage. A double-bladed lightsaber has higher damage than a single lightsaber.

Edited by Helig

I'm not saying it couldn't be corrected, all though the buff doesn't necessarily make it equal to med armour, it's just that it isn't equal.

Everything, from stats, to skills, to companions are designed to match up with those of another class, to "balance" those classes. However, Ashara and Nadia are not equal in any way whatsoever. Not even a little bit. And also, it still is extremely annoying to see my Shadow and her attack together with their double sabers. I dunno about you, but I like having a unique saberstaff.

Plus, I want Nadia to stop borrowing my stuff!

I'm not saying it couldn't be corrected, all though the buff doesn't necessarily make it equal to med armour, it's just that it isn't equal.

Everything, from stats, to skills, to companions are designed to match up with those of another class, to "balance" those classes. However, Ashara and Nadia are not equal in any way whatsoever. Not even a little bit. And also, it still is extremely annoying to see my Shadow and her attack together with their double sabers. I dunno about you, but I like having a unique saberstaff.

The difference between heavy and light is around 12% in endgame. Even less between medium and light. The armour bonus roughly brings them to a similar level.

Also, careful what you wish for. Keeping dual weapons up to date during levelling is a pain in the behind. I levelled a Marauder, mainly using Vette, whose main weapons are dual pistols. I eventually had to give her a blaster rifle (overall damage downgrade) because it was a pain.

And no, Ashara's skillset is very close to that of Nadia, Kira and Jaesa. Don't believe me? Check out Torhead.

As for the DBLS, you always have the option to give Nadia a single lightsaber. Sure, she'll do slightly less damage, but the difference isn't huge.

As for her using the same gear as you, it's a huge perk, in fact. I loved the way that I could give Lord Scourge hand-me-downs on my Jedi Guardian as I progressed in gear. I loved gearing up my soldier-companions on my Vanguard.

Edited by Helig

I've only used Nadia and Kira. I prefer Nadia to Kira for her AoE.

Nadia can hold her own against Strong enemies once in decent gear. All force DPS companions can if you krrp them in good gear.

I can't see Nadia dual wielding. It just doesn't suit her character. I also see her as more of a double-bladed user, anyway. If Sage companions were an option then I could definitely see Nadia as onr with a lightsaber.

Kira, however, I could see dual wielding. I'm all for it!

Just to be clear: Ashara is not my apprentice! She is a stupid and very annoying padawan I picked up to further my own evil ends! Xalek is my apprentice; an Assasin tank. So, your whole argument is pretty much based on misinformation. I use Ashara for farming Boarding Party and nothing else. Her survivability is totally lame compared to a fully geared Xalek! Please re-adjust your argument to fit the facts! I also use Khem over Xalek anyway, as a Sith Sorcerer Healer. Shadow/ Assasin tanks are wicked good, so your Shadow/ Assasin tank companion should be just as good, as long as you gear them appropriately. I understand that if you would rather use your Shadow/Assasin companion as a dps buddy, then you will need to gear them properly for that, but keep in mind that the survivability will go out the window again. So, there you go...hope that clarifies things for you :p

Just to be clear: Ashara is not my apprentice! She is a stupid and very annoying padawan I picked up to further my own evil ends! Xalek is my apprentice; an Assasin tank. So, your whole argument is pretty much based on misinformation. I use Ashara for farming Boarding Party and nothing else. Her survivability is totally lame compared to a fully geared Xalek! Please re-adjust your argument to fit the facts! I also use Khem over Xalek anyway, as a Sith Sorcerer Healer. Shadow/ Assasin tanks are wicked good, so your Shadow/ Assasin tank companion should be just as good, as long as you gear them appropriately. I understand that if you would rather use your Shadow/Assasin companion as a dps buddy, then you will need to gear them properly for that, but keep in mind that the survivability will go out the window again. So, there you go...hope that clarifies things for you :p

While that might be the case for Xalek as a tank (note that I have not played a SI so I have no idea what roles their companions play), both Kira and Nadia are definitely melee dps and not a tank role. Their skills are suited for dpsing and should not be geared in any other way. Besides, they have no way to use a shield for tanking.

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is a thread necro (it's not that old, but I did find it through google).

I really wish Nadia had been a Sage companion instead. It makes more sense for how her 'powers' work. In general though I can't really use her as a shadow because she always breaks my CCs :(

Warrior could also use a healer Inquisitor companion.

Sorry if this is a thread necro (it's not that old, but I did find it through google).

I really wish Nadia had been a Sage companion instead. It makes more sense for how her 'powers' work. In general though I can't really use her as a shadow because she always breaks my CCs :(

Warrior could also use a healer Inquisitor companion.

Disable her AoE abilities and she'll stop breaking your CC.

Please.

Also, when we first get her, giver her vibroblades or something, just so we can give her her sabers WHEN SHE BECOMES OUR PADAWAN. It is quite annoying to see her run around Sabering before Jedihood when I didn't get to.

Yeah, that was dumb.

I like her set-up now b/c I can give her hand-me-down gear off of my Shadow.

• 1 month later...
I've only used Nadia and Kira. I prefer Nadia to Kira for her AoE.

Nadia can hold her own against Strong enemies once in decent gear. All force DPS companions can if you krrp them in good gear.

I can't see Nadia dual wielding. It just doesn't suit her character. I also see her as more of a double-bladed user, anyway. If Sage companions were an option then I could definitely see Nadia as onr with a lightsaber.

Kira, however, I could see dual wielding. I'm all for it!

Kira would be bad *** dual wielding sabers! Her personality just fits that fighting style perfectly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.