Lack of info is killing me

LKaras

You are misinterpreting there Paige. Each origin server will have one destination server only at a time, however, when the destination server is at the cap that BW are happy with, a new destination server for that origin server will be designated. At least, thats how I read it anyway..

Actually its you misreading the text. He just quoted devs post, a server origin population will not be divided into multiple destinations nor now nor any time later in this transfer process.

So with the "paid" transfers can we go where ever we want to? Or is it basically go to the server they tell you, and there should be plenty of people on it for the free transfer?

The free transfer is to one single destination server. After that, paid transfers may be more permissive.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you

We understand that some of you may be looking to consolidate characters from a variety of origin servers onto one server, and others may be anxious to move to a specific server to be with friends. With the restrictions of this initial service, that may not be possible. We still believe that you will enjoy playing on a higher population server and hope you'll take advantage of the service, but you won't be forced to transfer. Future versions of the Character Transfer Service may allow more options in your choice of destination servers and may require a transfer fee. While we do not have a scheduled time frame for the launch of such a service, we are committed to making improvements to the Character Transfer Service over time to provide players with a great gameplay experience.

You are misinterpreting there Paige. Each origin server will have one destination server only at a time, however, when the destination server is at the cap that BW are happy with, a new destination server for that origin server will be designated. At least, thats how I read it anyway..

Actually, I think you are misinterpreting here. BW clearly states that they won't spread an origin server's population accross multiple destination servers. So the way I read it is that when, after transfering yet another origin server onto a destination server, that destination server is nearing the cap BW is looking for, a new destination server for subsequent origin servers will be designated.

Yes, however, there are decisions that still need to be made.

1) If our server is not a destination server, will we be moving this time or waiting until paid transfers? I guess that kinda depends on what server we are given the option of transferring to for free.

2) Will our coast preference be kept?

3) Will we have to dissolve our guild in order to transfer, or can it stay and characters just move on their own? The language used here was kinda odd... in 1 post we're told we have to dissolve the guild to move and get the bank back. Needs clarification.

4) Is it an account wide move, or per character? If it is per character, how long will the transfers take? Can we do more than 1 transfer at a time if it is per character? While a transfer is going on, can we play on another character that is not being transferred at this time?

Edited by JefferyClark

Actually its you misreading the text. He just quoted devs post, a server origin population will not be divided into multiple destinations nor now nor any time later in this transfer process.

Ok, I stand corrected. I was just thinking that they were going to fill a server then when at the right level switch to the next one. to me that would have been more efficient than having 3 into 1 and hoping that a lot of guys inactive on each of the three's would all move to the one as well as the actives on the three's.

Actually, I think you are misinterpreting here. BW clearly states that they won't spread an origin server's population accross multiple destination servers. So the way I read it is that when, after transfering yet another origin server onto a destination server, that destination server is nearing the cap BW is looking for, a new destination server for subsequent origin servers will be designated.

Yeah I see what you are saying, I accept that my interpretation is incorrect but I do think that would be a more logical way to do it

Edited by Lurchy

Ok, I stand corrected. I was just thinking that they were going to fill a server then when at the right level switch to the next one. to me that would have been more efficient than having 3 into 1 and hoping that a lot of guys inactive on each of the three's would all move to the one as well as the actives on the three's.

I`m very hapy they aren`t doing it this way you say, because that would create an unmanageable insecurity, as entire guilds could`ve been divided amongst various servers. And i have absolutely no wishes or patience to been torn apart my guildmates.

Not sure if any of you have an answer for this question, but I haven't had any luck getting it answered. What happen if my destination server already has character on it? Let say I'm supposed to move my character form server A to server C, but C already has character on it. Will I just be out of luck? The only reason I ask is because I have family on more than one of the RP Server. What happen if they send two of my servers to same the destination server? Edited by SithEmpress

Not sure if any of you have an answer for this question, but I haven't had any luck getting it answered. What happen if my destination server already has character on it? Let say I'm supposed to move my character form server A to server C, but C already has character on it. Will I just be out of luck? The only reason I ask is because I have family on more than one of the RP Server. What happen if they send two of my servers to same the destination server?

You gota choose what Legacy name you will keep. Same for character names, but you will not be able to keep more than 8 chars.

Edited by Delphos

Thanks, that what I thought. I’ll keep my finger cross that they won’t send both my families to the same server. Another question have they said anything about what level you char have to be to take part?

They haven`t said anything about level requisites for transfer, so i assume every character is in.

Yes, however, there are decisions that still need to be made.

1) If our server is not a destination server, will we be moving this time or waiting until paid transfers? I guess that kinda depends on what server we are given the option of transferring to for free.

2) Will our coast preference be kept?

3) Will we have to dissolve our guild in order to transfer, or can it stay and characters just move on their own? The language used here was kinda odd... in 1 post we're told we have to dissolve the guild to move and get the bank back. Needs clarification.

4) Is it an account wide move, or per character? If it is per character, how long will the transfers take? Can we do more than 1 transfer at a time if it is per character? While a transfer is going on, can we play on another character that is not being transferred at this time?

1) If your server is not a destination server, you will be moving because the only other option is to literally play a solo game.

2) If BW is sticking to their guns about only having transfers in this wave to the same server type, I imagine they are smart enough to not make people on the east coast log into the west coast.

3) Yes, you will have to:Remove all items & credits from the Guild Bank.

Disband the Guild.

Transfer to the new server and reform the Guild.

Contact Customer Service to re-establish the Guild Bank and Guild Bank tabs.

4) You can request to have all of your characters moved or 1 or anywhere in between. Play as you like and if they are about to move your character, and they need you to be logged off, Im sure they would just tell you to log off for a few min while they move everything.

Edited by HelinCarnate