Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Not much point posting on page 299 or something here.

but its a little after 8:30am PST and i am on a west cost server, been 20minutes in line already.. and still 219 in line before me. this is 8:30am PST?!?! i guess its a 10 hour wait when prime time hits? (say 4pm)

(sigh) time to start on a new server and throw my guild and friends away...

only place you can post about this is here. I tryed making a thread and / or posting on others and they nuke them faster then you can post.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While trying to queue in I decided to look at the other servers. I saw over half were low and the other half had at least a 10 minute wait. Seems to me that a server transfer would be a very viable option like everyone else has stated. A wait time for an avid gamer will cause them to look else where, and that's lost revenue. Free transfers might cost a little in development, but could save millions in long term patronage.

Seriously this is really dumb, I have to wait in a que to get access into the server I was playing on since Early Access. Bioware or EA or whoever should have blocked our old servers for tonight so new comers are forced to enter a light server. I see 10+ servers with LIGHT population. Bioware you have failed me and disappointed me.

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

Queues are a natural part of a big MMO launch - and we're very big. Expect them to be around for a while. Back to email, see you in Forums!

23 minutes ago

If this is the case, then expect your customers not to be around.

If queues are going to be a this common and egregious, then all Bioware gets is this first month that was included for "free" with my game purchase.

i can confirm they did something, i was #400 something in queue on sith'ari, and i just alt tabbed back and i was in.

edit: yes i can deffinitly confirm they did something, i just attempted to go back into the server selection, and it said 15 min queue, but i gont in instantly

Edited by Sodalazer

The queue times can be annoying, but atleast that means there are tons of people who wanna play the game! It seems we might be a the beginning of a new amazing MMORPG that will last for awhile. I think the game is amazing and am loving the quality and detail that everyone working on the project put into it. And hopefully it will continue and last for a long time.

There's a lot of solutions out there and I'm sure BioWare is really doing something about it. I just wish they would keep us informed about what they're doing instead of this ambiguous ********.

It's one thing to say "we are doing something about it" and another thing entirely to say "This is the solution we are implementing: xxxxx. This is how it will work for players."

For this kind of out poor of complaints from paying customers you would think their customer service would be BETTER!!! This is unacceptable from any company that just made millions and millions of dollars. 5 hour Q's are 100% pathetic.

Offer free shard transfers for the first month or two this game is out.

I can understand Q's up to 20-30 mins max. Hours though? Come on now.

One person mentioned how a five minute wait is too much. That is incredibly unrealistic and a silly stubborn way to look at it.

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

Queues are a natural part of a big MMO launch - and we're very big. Expect them to be around for a while. Back to email, see you in Forums!

23 minutes ago

If this is the case, then expect your customers not to be around.

If queues are going to be a this common and egregious, then all Bioware gets is this first month that was included for "free" with my game purchase.

lol you guys need to calm down, yeah were waiting to get into servers, but the game JUST came out and this is probably one of the Biggest gaming communities in history. give it a while and Bioware and EA will have the servers up an running fine. This is how it was with EAs Battlefront servers as well, couple weeks later no queues and everyone is happy.

Edited by Levon

lol you guys need to calm down, yeah were waiting to get into servers, but the game JUST came out and this is probably one of the Biggest gaming communities in history. give it a while and Bioware and EA will have the servers up an running fine. This is how it was with EAs Battlefront servers as well, couple weeks later no qeuse and everyone is happy.

Really just come out, what have I been playing and in queues for the past 7 days to play then?

That's strange... on my server 100 users is usually about 9 min

It is totally random. Some days you might get a load of people logging off at one time. Others you might not be so lucky. That's why the wait times are approximate, it all depends on when those currently playing log off.