The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Parallactic Combat Stims

TrooperCam

You take stims to get past the third row, there really isnt a better alternative.

To get steely resolve you have to give up ap or some of the crit talents from the mid tree. If you are pveing its not a terrible choice as you have lots of aim, but if you pvp, i wouldnt consider it, since you have much less aim.

Also why would you take brutal impact over intimidation.

Thanks for pointing out what I missed with stims in that its the best of the three choices to get past that level.

I'm not sure of the exact reasoning behind the other point spread but the spec is about focusing on HiB which features throughout the assault tree in the top levels (Ionic A, Rain of Fire, Assault Trooper, etc.)

I feel like people really undersell how much damage the dots do. Personally, elemental damage is a much larger portion of my damage then HIP, although everyone has their own personal style. If you have a parser i would look at it and figure out which talent is better for you, although i guess it probably doesn't make a huge difference in the end.

Paralactic stims is pretty good in pvp where you are constantly stunned and cc'ed. Assault tree can be ammo starved to begin with so every extra bit of ammo you can get is worth it imo. More ammo you're generating = more burst you can put out. Only other choice is 2% extra endurance which is like 400 health to a war hero geared trooper so big whoop or nightvision scope which is a really sweet ability to have but very situational and most stealth you can see walking by you anyway and can drop stealth scan on their heads even without it. So meh.

I feel like people really undersell how much damage the dots do. Personally, elemental damage is a much larger portion of my damage then HIP, although everyone has their own personal style. If you have a parser i would look at it and figure out which talent is better for you, although i guess it probably doesn't make a huge difference in the end.

Yeah, a huge portion of overall damage comes from DoTs. The reason people focus so much on HiB is the crazy amount of burst it gives. AP -> HiB -> SS -> HiB is one of the best burst rotations in the game. You get four huge hits over a period of 3 seconds.

Paralactic stims is pretty good in pvp where you are constantly stunned and cc'ed. Assault tree can be ammo starved to begin with so every extra bit of ammo you can get is worth it imo. More ammo you're generating = more burst you can put out. Only other choice is 2% extra endurance which is like 400 health to a war hero geared trooper so big whoop or nightvision scope which is a really sweet ability to have but very situational and most stealth you can see walking by you anyway and can drop stealth scan on their heads even without it. So meh.

While this is a good argument to take Paralactic stims, I started this way but switched to taking the degauss talent points due to the fact that I face teams of tankassins and mauraders where I get alot more mileage out of a free slow-break fighting them. If you're constantly facing these teams I highly recommend degauss and tweak your gameplay to use a stun on the first charge/stun they place on you and then use your shield when they apply their slow to get you that breathing room to start kiting away while they have ramped up all their power-ups.

Before when i was running with PS it did me no good since my health was down to below 30% before I could even get away since they may FS/CC breaker the stun off the bat and stun/slow me in the process.

Just my view as in my WZ's my opposing teams consist of 80% tankassins/mauraders.

Usually don't get spammed slows by mauraders because they are following up with their attacks, tankassins force slow is on a CD.

I in no means saying this is the optimal or "best" talent to pick but I've survived and kited more successfully using Degauss than having PS and hoping the extra ammo will useful in the follow-up.

In the case of being focus fired neither is going to save you regardless.

While this is a good argument to take Paralactic stims, I started this way but switched to taking the degauss talent points due to the fact that I face teams of tankassins and mauraders where I get alot more mileage out of a free slow-break fighting them. If you're constantly facing these teams I highly recommend degauss and tweak your gameplay to use a stun on the first charge/stun they place on you and then use your shield when they apply their slow to get you that breathing room to start kiting away while they have ramped up all their power-ups.

Before when i was running with PS it did me no good since my health was down to below 30% before I could even get away since they may FS/CC breaker the stun off the bat and stun/slow me in the process.

Just my view as in my WZ's my opposing teams consist of 80% tankassins/mauraders.

I couldn't disagree with you more about degauss and putting points into it for overall pvp usefulness but we all have our own playstyles so won't discount it.

I'm sorry if I came across as if I was trying to argue, I wasn't. I was trying to post an alternative.

In the grand scheme of things, PS is probably the best option to take.

In my experience, where I am solo queuing WZ's, time and time again degauss has saved my butt countless times against melee ( 2 stuns, a cc breaker and slow breaker shield)

In group play, I do sometimes wish I had PS instead but that's because I'm either guarded or have a pocket healer.

So yes, my playstyle comes into play on top of what I'm facing most of the time in WZ's. I just don't see Degauss as worthless as so many people do. I wish it was better sure, but it's useful as is right now.

Ranked/Group WZ play I would definitely take PS over Degauss. There's no argument.