Artifice should be able to craft augment kits

JediMasterSLC

Armstech, armormech, and synthweaving are able to craft augment kits on the PTS. Synthweaving is the force user equivalent of armormech, so why shouldn't the force user equivalent of armstech (artifice) be able to craft augment kits as well? As of 1.3, artifice is without a doubt the least useful end-game crafting skill. Biochem can still make reusable stims, cybertech has grenades, and the other 3 can make augment kits. I've been artifice on my main since day 1. I felt my craft has some use in 1.2 cause i could crit-craft augmented lightsabers, but now i won't even be able to do that. Artifice is getting shafted.

ya, it's not like you can make tons of money off nightmare pilgrim inhibitors or augmented sabers or rare color crystals or raid level enhancements ( REing ) or raid level offhands ( REing )

stop crying

Augmented sabers are extremely easy to get, the cost for one is extremely low on my server.

Raid level enhancements: Not going to RE a raid level enhancement on a chance that it's going to work.. (Also the enhancements I'm looking at in game currently say no research is available when I mouse over them)

A "TON" of money off inhibitors might be exagerating.. specially when nobody on my server does nightmare pilgrim.

It is far from on par with other crafting skills. Quick say stop crying again to shut me up!

Edited by SmearBlood

Augmented sabers are extremely easy to get, the cost for one is extremely low on my server.

Raid level enhancements: Not going to RE a raid level enhancement on a chance that it's going to work.. (Also the enhancements I'm looking at in game currently say no research is available when I mouse over them)

A "TON" of money off inhibitors might be exagerating.. specially when nobody on my server does nightmare pilgrim.

It is far from on par with other crafting skills. Quick say stop crying again to shut me up!

you gotta rip the enhancements out to RE them, you can rip out hilts too. If you get the pattern you can easily sell them for 1 million each

you're probably on a dead server too so your economy sucks. but even if you could make aug kits, your economy is still trash. hopefully the free transfers will help that.

Edited by adezero

Sorry but grenades (you can use maybe 4 grenades a wz) does not make up for cybertech being just as crappy as artifice at end game. Hell we can't even make rakata earpeices. Edited by MMOgamer

you gotta rip the enhancements out to RE them, you can rip out hilts too. If you get the pattern you can easily sell them for 1 million each

you're probably on a dead server too so your economy sucks. but even if you could make aug kits, your economy is still trash. hopefully the free transfers will help that.

Does this only apply to campaign gear? Cuz rakata it isnt working.

Does this only apply to campaign gear? Cuz rakata it isnt working.

you can rip enhancements out of black hole or campaign stuff and RE em. for the hilt you'd have to kill HM kephess, but I'm not sure if you'd want to take the RE chance on such a good piece.

I don't know if you can do that with rakata gear. probably not.

here, check out this thread. our guild is selling craftable stuff (that we RE'd) .

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=460672

oh you can also RE relic's and make em if you learn the pattern. the relic rarely drops off denova bosses or you gotta buy em for 200 daily comms.

Edited by adezero

you can rip enhancements out of black hole or campaign stuff and RE em. for the hilt you'd have to kill HM kephess, but I'm not sure if you'd want to take the RE chance on such a good piece.

I don't know if you can do that with rakata gear. probably not.

Yeah its not letting me do it with rakata gear, no schematic shown. I'll try it with black hole gear and see tho. Thanks

so why shouldn't the force user equivalent of armstech (artifice) be able to craft augment kits as well?

I hope that BW does not give up on this one. If they do, then what's the next thing we whine about? Why can Artifice make color crystals but not Armstech?

If everyone could craft all of the same things, then what would be the purpose of having different crafting professions?

I hope that BW does not give up on this one. If they do, then what's the next thing we whine about? Why can Artifice make color crystals but not Armstech?

If everyone could craft all of the same things, then what would be the purpose of having different crafting professions?

Yet 3 professions can craft the kits as it is :rolleyes:

Yet 3 professions can craft the kits as it is :rolleyes:

Which is already too many, I agree. The fix is not to give these schematics to even more classes though. I would be OK if the only class to make them was Armstech (even though I have no characters with it) since that already seems fairly weak.

The more professions have it, the worse it will be for those that don't.

Instead of keeping asking for something which other classes get, why don't you focus on figuring out something else that would be exclusive to Artifice? Even if it's something simple like making more schematics for crystals, some that can not be had in any other way than from Artifice? Wouldn't that be a lot better?

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you some information regarding augment kits and artifice.

According to our Community Q&A Blog for June 1st, 2012:

Murshawursha: What was the logic behind choosing which Crew Skills get to craft Augment Kits? In Game Update 1.2 and before, if a player wanted, for example, an augmented Lightsaber, they HAD to buy it from an Artifice. Post-Game Update 1.3, if a player wants an augmented Lightsaber, they choose a Lightsaber that they already own (probably acquired through raiding or questing), and buy an Augment Kit from an Armstech, Armormech, or Synthweaver. This effectively cuts out the Artificer completely out of the market for augmented Lightsabers. Why was it done this way, rather than simply allowing Artificers to make Augment Kits that could only be applied to Lightsabers or Relics, Synthweavers to make Augment Kits that can only be used on force armor, Cybertech on earpieces, etc?

David: There are two primary reasons that Augment Kits are limited to Armstech, Armormech and Synthweaving: 1) They are the augment crafters, and Augment Kits extend that service. 2) Prior to crafted augments, they did not have a substantial input into the item mod game and we want to open that up to more players.

We did not want to have lots different Augment Kits, because that would make finding the right item and kit combination substantially more difficult. Augment tables are intended to make it relatively simple to get any item to the same power cap, and lots of kit variation introduces the possibility that it would be hard to get some items to hit the same potential. While this is how augment tables work now, all Crew Skills will continue to evolve based on player feedback and game data.

You can find the above answer and more in our Community Q&A Blog Archive!

You can also find the following information in our Developer Tracker:

For Game Update 1.3, augment kit creation is limited to the classes that can currently make augments. This is necessary for the introduction of the system; it allows us to distribute the components at a steady rate, because each augmentable item you RE results in a portion of the augment slot. The items created by the other crew skills don't fit in with this progression as cleanly - if we decide to allow Artifice or Cybertech to acquire the kits through their commonly created items, under our current systems they would produce kits substantially faster than the other skills. It is safer to open augment kits to a limited set of crew skills.

Augment tables are an important part of the plan for crafting and items in general, and we're committed to continually integrating re-evaluating the feature and integrating it into future. Our intent is to provide a system that utilizes crafting to give all gear the same statistical potential while we monitor economic data and gather player feedback to determine what other changes or additions to make. Adding augment kits to additional crew skills is on the list of possibilities, but it is by no means guaranteed. We're working on other updates to how some of the systems work - both internally and externally - that may improve the viability of including augment kits in other skills without creating a substantial imbalance. Along with the economic data and feedback, that will determine whether augment kits expand to other crew skills.

Long term, we have economic plans that involve continually refreshing crew skills with new content. Since we are early in those stages, every time we make an update it will make the most recently changed crew skills seem superior. If we included major additions for every crew skill each update at our current pace, it would likely create a result that is incomplete and devalues the system as a whole. As each crew skill gets a wider range of viable items/services, the impact of an individual addition should decrease, and we'll see a smoother cadence between the crew skills.

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Well then next patch Artifice and Cybertech should get a boost, then after biochem.

I still feel biochem is going to keep getting nerfed into the ground until the devs finally capitulate to reality and remove the reuseables (or dramatically increase the yield on the consumables). Pretty much nothing else they do will fix the root problem.

edit: or remove the restriction/BoP

Edited by GnatB

This just work for black hole or campaign gear? Or can I rip a 25 might hilt out of a saber and have a chance to RE?