Objectives vs K/D

zigtechroxx

So Im pretty new to the SWTOR pvp gameplay, (only valor level 6) but I have gone positive K/D every game which i feel good about but I have started to realize that objectives are much more important but I feel like Im the only one going for them sometimes, So as a newbie to pvp I ask what should I be more focused on and what will earn me more medals and warzone accomadations? Going for the objectives or going for kills

Going for objectives has a greater impact on your chance for victory than going for kills does. Since victory = better rewards and better rewards = more kills/less deaths the logic is pretty simple.

Focusing on kills hurts you in the long run.

The number of commendations received is based upon the number of medals you receive, the length of the match, and whether you win or lose. By playing objectives (with huttball being one of the few exceptions, maybe) you will find that the "kill" medals tend to be earned easily as well. As long as you receive a minimum of 4 medals in a match, you are good to go.

Between pre-50 and endgame PvP, you will find that the best way to maximize commendations is to win the match - plain and simple. Playing objectives will do this exactly. Everything else should fall into place!

Happy PvPing!

You are correct, Objectives >>>>>> everything else.

Also want to point out that your kills will almost always be greater than your deaths. If you do any damage at all to someone and they die, you get kill credit. Also, if you heal someone who kills someone else, you get credit.

Going for objective is more important then K/D or stats.

Intermediate aim should be to level and being able to contribute consistently in warzone's. Most teams are way more concerned about winning these days. There are many intangibles you will learn over time that help your team win. Learn from the good examples and elevate yourself above the badness

So Im pretty new to the SWTOR pvp gameplay, (only valor level 6) but I have gone positive K/D every game which i feel good about but I have started to realize that objectives are much more important but I feel like Im the only one going for them sometimes, So as a newbie to pvp I ask what should I be more focused on and what will earn me more medals and warzone accomadations? Going for the objectives or going for kills

If *no one* is going for objectives they might have a different overall strategy than you. At valor level six, this is quite likely the case. Communicate with your team and make sure you're all on the same page about what the warzone strategy is before assuming that they're just ignoring objectives. A good example is that on my server there's a group of people who go far side in Novare coast if there's almost any kind of resistance at mid -> the result is that we split our forces and the people going far side don't have the burst DPS to cap the point. Coordination is important, if you don't know the overall team's strategy (even while solo queuing) then you're a liability to your team.

Edited by dcgregorya

Sometimes the desire to max killing makes you lose though. I've been in many where the other team is wiped waiting to get past the force field and no one has gone for the door instead everyone is in recovery mode waiting for the next wave. By the time someone notices, they've waited to long and the next team has time to interrupt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.