PVP Armor Question

chris_rw

Before I start screwing with things and botch my gear, I'd love to ask a noob question about PVP gear and mods, etc. I'm a Sith Warrior and just got my first piece of War Hero armor. Even though it's a purple item, I see that I can open it up and see the mods. Does this mean I can take these mods out and put them into any Orange piece of gear (and that orange item would have identical stats to the armor I cannibalize)?

I'd love to have a custom set of pvp armor, but have just as good of stats on it!

Thanks!

i'm sorry, but i'm still a bit confused on this.

i have a full set of Battlemaster Trooper "Eliminator" armor (im Vanguard Trooper).

a friend is gonna craft the Battlemaster Jedi Guardian "War Leader" armor with augment slots.

i want to pull all of the armor/mods/enhancements out of my Trooper "Eliminator" armor set and put them into the Jedi Guardian "War Leader" armor.

So, which set bonus will i get?

- the Eliminator 4piece set bonus (+15% crit chance on HiB) ?

- the Jedi Guardian 4piece set bonus (+5% damage when guarding another player) ?

- neither ?

i want to do this just to be different but, i dont want to run without at least some sort of set bonus

i do not have any war hero armor... i dont like the look of the sets.

thanks for the help

i have a full set of Battlemaster Trooper "Eliminator" armor (im Vanguard Trooper).

a friend is gonna craft the Battlemaster Jedi Guardian "War Leader" armor with augment slots.

i want to pull all of the armor/mods/enhancements out of my Trooper "Eliminator" armor set and put them into the Jedi Guardian "War Leader" armor.

- the Jedi Guardian 4piece set bonus (+5% damage when guarding another player) ?

- neither ?

i want to do this just to be different but, i dont want to run without at least some sort of set bonus

thanks for the help

You won't get either set bonus because you're taking the mods out of Battlemaster gear, only War hero armorings carry the set bonuses.

- neither ?

thanks for the help

neither.

for battlemaster gear the set bonus is attached to the shell. no BM shell, no set bonus.

for warhero gear the set bonus is attached to the armoring. no WH armoring, no set bonus.

what might be an amussing combination is warhero armoring in a battlemaster shell. for example, defensive BM shells with offensive WH armoring. two sets of set bonuses? anyone know what happens?