Lots of negativity... can you give me some positivity?

Lison

I played the beta but never got the game at launch. I'm about to pick it up now. The Assassin class definitely seems like it'd be the class for me(in a dps role), but all I see atm on these forums is negativity.

Can I hear some good about dps assassins in both pvp and pve?

I played the beta but never got the game at launch. I'm about to pick it up now. The Assassin class definitely seems like it'd be the class for me(in a dps role), but all I see atm on these forums is negativity.

Allot of the stuff posted on these forums is garbage, slander, or just down right lies. Best advice I could give is to not put allot of stock into what is said within these forums.

Allot of the stuff posted on these forums is garbage, slander, or just down right lies. Best advice I could give is to not put allot of stock into what is said within these forums.

So it would still be viable, and awesome, to roll a deception assassin?

I suggest another class. Very bad time to be starting a shadow atm. Deception is apparently the worst raid dps in the game. Madness is okay. The tank tree is now the worst tank in the game.

Edited by timidobserver

What about dps in pvp? Should I just go operative?

No idea, the only classes I PVP are DPS Guardian and a Tank Assassin. You really don't want to be an assassin right now in PVP. It's pretty much being nerfed 3 times if you count the nerf to adrenals and relics.

What about dps in pvp? Should I just go operative?

I'm running a Madness Sin and often group with an OP and we go toe to toe for DPS.

Don't listen to these whiners. There is nothing wrong with the Sin. Skip going darkness or deception and give Madness a whirl. You get some nice self-heals, DoTs, and a decent AE. It allows gives you some tools to attack at range.

However don't expect to be rushing into the middle of the crap-storm and doing anything worth-while. You have to, gasp, be sneaky and get in after everyone's onto each other. Then you can DoT and harass.

No idea, the only classes I PVP are DPS Guardian and a Tank Assassin. You really don't want to be an assassin right now in PVP. It's pretty much being nerfed 3 times if you count the nerf to adrenals and relics.

Really? What are the changes to deception and madness exactly?

Really? What are the changes to deception and madness exactly?

Oh I didn't say they were changed. Deception already sucked. Use google or forum search to find the data/parses on deception that shows that it is the worst raid dps in the game. Madness is okay like I said, not really great or bad. It can be pretty good if hybrided right for PVP, but I haven't seen a good non-hybrid Madness PVP Assassin in a while.

Edited by timidobserver

Deception is fun to play but as many have said before they DPS is not quite on par with other dps classes and one of the reasons for that seems to me is that assassin still have some nifty trick for soloing but they are useless for raids = stealth.

I would return to deception again if tanks get totally borked untill then i will be tanking my little heart out, to keep my friends safe.

Madness is not the reason i wanted to play assassin i wanted to be melee dps and madness is more off a caster/melee class in my eyes.