Darth Plaguies's death.

Saseav

I'm not saying their 's nothing wrong with people coming back, but people that die these really amazing deaths in a fitting way for their character seem to come back.

One of the things I don't like about star wars is the fact that everybody comes back to life and if they do die it has to be an amazing death. I like a bit of realism in sci-fi and realistically not everyone dies in an awesome way. For example, why couldn't Bobba Fett just be eaten by the sarlacc and thats the end of it instead of him surviving.

Edited by Malrus

One of the things I don't like about star wars is the fact that everybody comes back to life and if they do die it has to be an amazing death. I like a bit of realism in sci-fi and realistically not everyone dies in an awesome way. For example, why couldn't Bobba Fett just be eaten by the sarlacc and thats the end of it instead of him surviving.

I think the reason they bring back the bad guys or any villains in SW is because, back in the early days of the EU, they had no ideas so they brought Palps back and I think that's what opened things up for revivals in SW.

I'm not saying their 's nothing wrong with people coming back, but people that die these really amazing deaths in a fitting way for their character seem to come back.

I completely agree. Hal Jordan and Barry Allen in DC Comics are prime examples. Barry (Silver Age Flash) died saving the multiverse back in 1985, and Hal (Green Lantern/Parallax) died redeeming himself by re-lighting the Sun to end The Final Night. Yet both are now back, and thanks to Geoff Johns' writing, their returns were actually good.

I completely agree. Hal Jordan and Barry Allen in DC Comics are prime examples. Barry (Silver Age Flash) died saving the multiverse back in 1985, and Hal (Green Lantern/Parallax) died redeeming himself by re-lighting the Sun to end The Final Night. Yet both are now back, and thanks to Geoff Johns' writing, their returns were actually good.

Well at least in DC there is always a good explanation as to why people come back. In Star Wars you either survive falling into a bottomless hole(Looking at you Maul) or you clone yourself. You would think people would put tighter regulations on cloning, especially if you can make an army like the clone army. Can you imagine an army of Palpatine's? That would not be good for our intrepid heroes.

Well at least in DC there is always a good explanation as to why people come back. In Star Wars you either survive falling into a bottomless hole(Looking at you Maul) or you clone yourself. You would think people would put tighter regulations on cloning, especially if you can make an army like the clone army. Can you imagine an army of Palpatine's? That would not be good for our intrepid heroes.

Well, Palpatine's cloning machines were supposed to be the last known cloning technology in the universe. At least according to Dark Empire. Not sure if they'll bring them back, but I seriously doubt it.

And not always, in DC. Grant Morrison's cop-out with Batman coming back, for example. I mean, he gets killed in THE most epic way possible (killing a god), yet it turns out he was never really dead. Ugh... Can't stand Grant Morrison's handling of superheroes.

Well, Palpatine's cloning machines were supposed to be the last known cloning technology in the universe. At least according to Dark Empire. Not sure if they'll bring them back, but I seriously doubt it.

And not always, in DC. Grant Morrison's cop-out with Batman coming back, for example. I mean, he gets killed in THE most epic way possible (killing a god), yet it turns out he was never really dead. Ugh... Can't stand Grant Morrison's handling of superheroes.

I'm sure someone is going to clone an army of themselves because they are "a superior being"

I agree. Batman's death was epic, but I think the brought him back for one reason: he's Batman. That's probably the only good reason to bring him back. You can't get enough Batman.:)

Okay, I did some research on Bats' death(been awhile since I read on it) and apparently Darkseid's Omega Sanction sent him through a time loop that he would eventually get out of. So I guess bringing him back was explained sufficiently:rolleyes:

Okay, I did some research on Bats' death(been awhile since I read on it) and apparently Darkseid's Omega Sanction sent him through a time loop that he would eventually get out of. So I guess bringing him back was explained sufficiently:rolleyes:

Oh, I read it. I just didn't like the way Grant Morrison wrote it. I sorta figured something like that was going to happen, since Batman had already questioned Scott Free (Mr. Miracle), one of the few people to actually escape the Omega Sanction. A lot depends on the writer of the story. Geoff Johns beats Grant Morrison any day of the week.

I may have worded that wrongly, I mean isn't the whole point of it so that the more powerful one will come out on top so every successful apprentice is stronger than their master, whereas in this case it didn't really show that since Plaguies was drunk/asleep and couldn't use his full power.

It showed that he was smarter. And more powerful in The Force, if you believe that the Force would have saved Plagieus if it wanted to.

Oh, I read it. I just didn't like the way Grant Morrison wrote it. I sorta figured something like that was going to happen, since Batman had already questioned Scott Free (Mr. Miracle), one of the few people to actually escape the Omega Sanction. A lot depends on the writer of the story. Geoff Johns beats Grant Morrison any day of the week.

I agree completely. I think they need to find a point where Bruce Wayne is no longer needed and find a way to "remove" him from the comic. Even if he dies of old age, but you can't keep bringing him back. He has a lot of succeessors waiting to take the role of Batman when he passes.