gaming laptops

neonJedai

I've pretty much searched all over the internet and i've gotten so many mixed responses so i figured i may as well go to the source, where the actual players are. I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I'm going to be moving between my girlfriend and my moms apartments alot throughout the summer and, like many of us, plan to game pretty hard this summer. my moms desktop works just fine, but as for the three days a week i won't be there, i'm looking for a good laptop to purchase (preferably at or under 1200ish.) currently have a macbook pro 13 inch witta intel core 2 duo, tried running swtor off of bootcamp for a while and it runs pretty crumby. PVE / questing is laggy as hell, and i can barely move in WZ's. im mostly looking for a response from someone whos actually used / seen the laptop in use, not just speculation. thanks!

TL;DR - looking for gaming laptop, give me ideas. at or under 1200ish. do not reply if you have not seen the given laptop used for swtor / used the laptop for swtor

I've pretty much searched all over the internet and i've gotten so many mixed responses so i figured i may as well go to the source, where the actual players are. I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I'm going to be moving between my girlfriend and my moms apartments alot throughout the summer and, like many of us, plan to game pretty hard this summer. my moms desktop works just fine, but as for the three days a week i won't be there, i'm looking for a good laptop to purchase (preferably at or under 1200ish.) currently have a macbook pro 13 inch witta intel core 2 duo, tried running swtor off of bootcamp for a while and it runs pretty crumby. PVE / questing is laggy as hell, and i can barely move in WZ's. im mostly looking for a response from someone whos actually used / seen the laptop in use, not just speculation. thanks!

TL;DR - looking for gaming laptop, give me ideas. at or under 1200ish. do not reply if you have not seen the given laptop used for swtor / used the laptop for swtor

Asus G73JH. Running swtor (as well as the Mass Effects, Crysis, AoC, etc.) with everything maxed. The catch? You may not be able to find that specific model, it's pretty old. I did a quick search, and the newer models in that line fall around your price range, with the latest and greatest (G75VW) listed on Amazon at 1700. I assume that the later models perform even better than the one I have, but you may want to check reviews to make certain there aren't any lemons in the family tree. :)

Before swtor came out, I was looking for good laptop.. I do suggest the retailers that offer you lots of different options, basically choose the components for it to be built with. Takes a week or so to process tho I think. One such place is powernotebooks.com, which offers a good range of laptops with decent array of options. At one time, I looked at Bestbuy, but then read a few things that suggested bestbuy wasnt the best choice for gaming type laptops. So a good quality laptop can be found online, just need to look..

Hey, I had same issue.

I bought a Toshiba Satellite p850-138

2.3processor

8gig ram

Nividia geforce GT 630m (2gig graphics )

640 gig HD.

Runs smooth in high res, n great fps.

All for £699.

I actually bought my laptop for swtor lol. Hope this helps