What Exactly is Wrong with Taris?

Dayshadow

What's up with Taris?

I've seen enough threads about something or other being wrong with it. What exactly is the problem? I'm playing a trooper and I have a choice between Taris (16-20) and Nar Shadda (20-24). I'm lvl 22 atm.

If I just stick to the class quests will I have issues on Taris? Or is the planet fundamentally bonkers?

Main thing is it's just plain annoying to get around, you can see where you need to go but often trying to find it is difficult because of all the wreckage.

That and the usual bugged resource piles etc

One of the biggest mistakes they made I think is not giving some form of mount right from the get go.

All the humping around is very annoying.

Maybe the development team for Taris was on drugs, dunno, but I had lots of problems on Taris in beta (and bugged them all, all reproducible), but I thought they were all fixed in release because I have not encountered any of them since EGA began. This is the first I've heard of problems since release.

Maybe the development team for Taris was on drugs, dunno, but I had lots of problems on Taris in beta (and bugged them all, all reproducible), but I thought they were all fixed in release because I have not encountered any of them since EGA began. This is the first I've heard of problems since release.

I was in 3 weekend betas, so maybe the bugs are fixed. The complaint threads I was seeing may have been from the beta.

So it's all good now?

For some reason, when I'm on Taris, my game freezes up for a second whenever I open up my map. It dosen't happen anywhere else. And one point I got stuck in the spaceport for like an hour because the game would just repeatably freeze up and then crash until I managed to fix it by changing some settings in a .ini file. I logged in to a different character and didn't have any problems, so it definitely had something to do with Taris.

Taris has not yet been fixed. There's a serious problem with lag and characters eventually becoming stuck there due to the game crashing, and then either lagging terribly for a few seconds before crashing or crashing immediately upon trying to log in.