The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

when are Bounty Hunters going to be able to.... Hunt Bounties?

Talarchy

When are old SWG players going to stop trying to make this game SWG...

Never. Parts of that game were amazing and unique and many of us miss them dearly.

For 7 years I played the same character (BH on Bria) because of the bounty system. No other game has ever held my attention for so long.

In every other game I am an altoholic, always making new characters and searching for something to capture me the way BH did in SWG.

Between BH and the space system/space combat in SWG... Yeah I miss it. Crafting as well, but to a lesser extent.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you mean, that's all the bounty hunters do during their class quests....

Yea lame easy A.I............im talking pvp wise, bounty hunters after there story line, are no longer bounty hunters, there just a mirrored trooper, they no longer hunt bounties.

I'm not tired of waiting yet, but getting there. I know that they have talked about putting in some kind of bounty system, but they have not given many details. Even a fairly lame daily NPC bounty system with a decent number of random options (so you only repeated a bounty once a month), would be a major upgrade to what we have now at level 50. Of course, I'd love to have some amount of PVP bounties, but with the current state of PVP for Mercs, I'm not sure that I could actually collect on many/any bounties because I'd probably end up dead unless I was allowed to jump them while they were in combat already.

But if there are going to be bounty hunters in the game, there needs to be some kind of bounty system.

Quote: Originally Posted by Talarchy View Post

I was suprised to learn back at launch there was zero bounty system in SWTOR. This was a feature that made sense in other games like Starwars Galaxies and gave bounty hunters a sense of purpose.

Has anyone seen any notes or anything that would indicate that Bioware are thinking about adding bounties for... bounty hunters?

I know, call me crazy right...

Hopefully will be coming. There was recently a poll about PvP, and while PvPvE was the winner of the poll, there were many, many comments about player bounties. So much so, that James Ohlen recognized it in his Tweet:

Quote:

James Ohlen ‏@JamesOhlen

Lots of good comments from last week's question! Player bounties and PvPvE in Open World PvP were popular ideas; thanks for the feedback.

So, now he knows the players want it. Let's see what he does with it.

:csw_trooper:Not everyone wants this, that’s why I’m on a PVE server, not a fan of PVP or PVPVE :csw_fett:

Real BH's didn't whine in SWG. We would just wait for our mark to come out. Wayyyyyy back in the days before NGE, CU, etc., I remember having my marks run into their house and log out. Some times it was for days at a time. What do you do if this happens? Deal with it. Either wait it out or drop the mission and grab another.

Can't forget them space-only bounties.