The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Iron Fist OK for Hardmode FPs?

Serrac

Title says it all, wondering what/if anyone has run IF and done early end game tanking or if its safer/wiser to go straight tank for the PVE content and respec for PVP. Input appreciated!

Title says it all, wondering what/if anyone has run IF and done early end game tanking or if its safer/wiser to go straight tank for the PVE content and respec for PVP. Input appreciated!

Please re-word that. I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if it is easier to gear for PvE than PvP? Or are you asking if it is just fine to tank iron fist wearing PvP gear?

IF doesn't use any abilities in Tier 6 of the SS tree which are tanking stats. There are abilities like the root to harpoon and stealth scan that you don't need while tanking.

In other words, IF can be used for tanking, it's not the most efficient way to do it. If you PvP and PvE tank then it's probably the best compromise you can go with, without having to spend for respecs every time. But I don't think many healers will like you though if they find out you have not taken all damage mitigation talents and are making them work harder for your convenience.

In all honesty, I wouldn't. If you want to tank run the appropriate spec for it.

Edited by ATango