PVE Knock Back

Blinkyn

After finding out that every flashpoint has a checkpoint that practically requires a tank class, I decided to level another BH as Shield Tech. I have been having a great time and still feel that the BH is my favorite class.

But as I approached level 40 I found that almost every strong mob I fought has a knock back that fires over and over every single fight. I have started to dread going toe to toe as the constant knock backs have progressed from slightly annoying, to outright irritating and ruining my enjoyment of the game.

I do not mind a tough fight, in fact I would not enjoy the class if I did not have to sweat every once and a while, but this ability does not increase the difficulty of the fight, it just slows it down and gets downright boring the 5th or 6th time in a single fight you have to walk back up to the mob.

Does this continue through the end game?

If so, then the tank class may not be for me.

it is really annoying being thrown arround the room like a ragdoll, would be nice if we had some sort of resistance to it as an ST.

im not talking about an immunity to it like juggs just not get pushed as far back as dps.

Knockbacks, yanks I feel like a ragdoll all the time. I get yanked around the rooms in the Torvix daily all the time. What I wouldn't give for some magnetic boots, surely the universe has them for outside spaceship repairs :)

It has to be one of the most annoying abilities those robots in Torvix have, grapple and then knock back. If you don't bother to CC, or somebody breaks it on a couple of pulls you fly everywhere.

I might as well just use rapid shots on my merc when that happens.

knockbacks always seem like a cop-out in boss fights by programmers. not just in TOR but in all the mmo's out there. that and fire are the ole stand-bys for "we're too lazy to come up with a new or innovative mechanic.. so here's the same thing we do on every other boss"