The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding the "exciting" news

cyberfreaq

Is it just me, or is Eaware announcing more of the same?

I mean we've got new space mission, new operation, new planet (which will be most likely forgotten after finishing it - like all other story planets) and new warzone.

Ok, we've got new companion, the famous HK-51, that's neat and all, but is it enough?

The thing is SWTOR was criticized for the lack of innovation, the fact that it has the same standard features games since the first Everquest have. So the BIG E3 announcement is just more standard stuff?

Don't get me wrong, it is great that we're getting new stuff, but one would consider that they would keep the best announcements for E3. And THIS is what they announce?

No space combat revamp (no more on-rails)? No ground combat revamp (you know, the hotkey combat)? No innovation whatsoever? No planet revamp (to give people more of a reason to return to anything other than Corellia, Illum or IMP/REP fleet)?

As a SW fan I am happy that we're getting HK-51, a new playable species and more story. But these things alone were not enough to keep people interested. Why do they think that adding just more of the same will change anything? Sure, it will be fun for about a month, but what then?

I am deeply concerned regarding the future of this game. Here we are filling the Suggestion forums with threads and ideas and instead we get more themepark? The very thing that brought us in this situation with 99% of the servers having Light population?

I am also concerned that EAware most likely did not understand what the problems with this game really are. They simply don't get it.

This thread is most likely going to be locked by a mode because "there is a similar discussion in another thread".

Hello cyberfreaq,

We understand that moderation can be frustrating, but in order to keep the forums organized and discussions on track, we sometimes consolidate threads for discussion purposes. We want to hear your feedback, we just ask that you please post it in the thread we suggest.

So, because a thread about this topic already exists, we'll be closing this thread in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion of E3 reveals here:

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!

Thanks!