Did anyone notice Makeb looks like a sandbox planet

Keymod

If you watched the E3 trailer for swtor makeb looked like a sandbox planet. You could deploy weapons and such to use against enemies and showing the pillar fall at the end looked very awesome. Anyone else think this and cant wait for makeb? Edited by Keymod

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will be disappointed if you get your hopes up that there is going to be a big sandbox element to this planet or any other in the near future. If it was designed that way, I'd bet that Bioware would have highlighted it as a new exciting feature in the video. My guess is that the events in the video are part of the quest arcs for the world itself.

I think you will be disappointed if you get your hopes up that there is going to be a big sandbox element to this planet or any other in the near future. If it was designed that way, I'd bet that Bioware would have highlighted it as a new exciting feature in the video. My guess is that the events in the video are part of the quest arcs for the world itself.

Maybe I hope not though

NO! Don't hype it liek it! It's not sandbox game and we've seen many trailers (like Ilum vehicular combat) that did not deliver at all! Don't read too much into these trailers.

All the new stuff will be built on the old stuff. It's the reason why Cathars are the new race. The programming for much of this game is done by a third party that is fulfilling requirements placed on them by BW. Heck the LA Times wrote an article on how most of this thing was programmed over seas.

Sorry, but it's more railshooting, and pathed planets.

Didnt they say the new planet was Hutt? way cant we see a big named planet like:

Dagobah

Dantooine

Endor

Kashyyyk

Mustafar

Naboo

Yavin (Seeing we already have the bugs on tatooine)

And the race we will be getting next, thats a let down. my 2 cents

Prove me wrong later, but I think it will be a reskinned Alderaan. Similiar mobs standing around waiting, no dynamic day/night/weather change, no fog, some kneedeep waters, some hovering birds and a lot of streets / corridors.

And housing? haha, forget it. Hey, this is not SWG2, go back to your ship and click the door to take off into orbit.

While it might not be a sandbox it may be more involved than other planets. This quote from the announcement here on this site is interesting:

A fully-realized world for you and your friends to explore, Makeb will also introduce an all-new storyline.

What does fully-realized world for you to explore mean? And why did they call it the biggest part of the announcement?

If you watched the E3 trailer for swtor makeb looked like a sandbox planet. You could deploy weapons and such to use against enemies and showing the pillar fall at the end looked very awesome. Anyone else think this and cant wait for makeb?

Wow... I'm blown away at this. This guy should be a surgeon; he can clearly operate and remove tumors just by looking at pictures!

Deploying weapons does not define sandbox. I wish people would understand this concept more respectively. Sandbox originates from old games that used "sandbox mode". Even newer games such as Dead Rising 2 has it, Sim City had it, as have hundreds of games dating back 30-40 years. Look it up. Now that MMORPG's have adapted this term it is wildly misused and misinterpreted.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/353134/page/1

Edited by DiabloDoom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.