The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

skills not being executed on use, but gcd is triggered

Rikeryo

is it just me? I've yet to see another topic about this.

it happens to me all the time, in pve as well as in pvp, which is VERY annoying - on multiple characters on two servers. If you still don't know what I mean: I use vital shot on my gunslinger - the global cooldown is triggered, but not the actual skill and it's cooldown. so basically I lose a whole 1,5(?) seconds - which is gamebreaking. happens to me multiple times every day on different skills. wth is this?

Edited by Rikeryo

You're not alone... the ability unresponsiveness was never this high for me. Sometimes I need to trigger the ability several times before it is actually triggered... very annoying, especially as a Sage healer - you're dead before your char does a single thing.

Global cooldown is triggered every time, sometimes even the ability cooldown is triggered for me but nothing happens...

Hello Rikeryo,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Unfortunately we are not able to process bug reports which are submitted here on the forum, as such we would kindly request that you submit a bug report concerning this matter.

You are currently able to submit bug reports in one of two ways, information on how to do this can be found in the spoiler below:

1. You can report the bug from within the game by clicking on the "?" icon at the top of your screen or by typing ctrl+/ and creating a bug ticket.

To create a bug ticket you should select the following options once you’ve opened the Help Center:
    Click on Request Help – then click on Create Ticket. On the pop-up that appears, please select the Bug Report Category.

Please note that this category should only be used to report bugs and not to report a serious problem that is stopping you from progressing in the game.

In order for us to be able to identify the issue causing the bug we would ask for you to provide as much of the following information as possible in the report:
    • Client language (ie French/German/English)
    • Server (ie Cosmic Turbine / Darth Malak)
    • Planet/Area Name (Taris/ Nar Shaddaa)
    • Coordinates (e.g. X: 23 Y: -175 Z: 200, you can get these by mousing over the arrow representing your character on the minimap)
    • Character Name and Account Handle (Camaron, Camaronepixxx)
    • Character Level / Class / Advanced class (Level 14, Sith Warrior, Juggernaut)
    • Quest Name ( Gree: Hydro Supply)
    • Quest stage (the quest text for the step you are currently on)
    • Active Companion (Vette)
    • Description of the bug.

[*]You can also report bugs via email to support@swtor.com – and you can include a screenshot (if applicable) with your mail. For email reports we ask that you provide the same level of detail as outlined above.

Whichever method you do choose, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thank you once again for your understanding.

• 1 year later...
This is almost a 2 year old issue that is still not fixed. Setting your ability queue to .5 somewhat fixes the issue. It seems if you are spamming or hitting abilities to fast the server cannot keep up. Edited by spectreclees

This is almost a 2 year old issue that is still not fixed. Setting your ability queue to .5 somewhat fixes the issue. It seems if you are spamming or hitting abilities to fast the server cannot keep up.

It happens on all setting no matter what i put it at.

This was reported in the past, is reported at the moment and people will keep reporting it. Bioware, for some reason, refuses to acknowledge this issue. There is one thread on the first page of bug reports, not to look too far!

It is annoying and it's been there from start. Happens to everyone.

I get this a lot with my guardian, Ill force jump in and pop off master strike, the animation will happen, but Ill be doing no damage and Ill have a GCD. Then I have to wait for the GCD to fire off the master strike again. It wouldn't be such a big deal, if people would be so kind as to let me bash them with my saber. Edited by Alzor