Crafting gear for companions

DarthMetier

I have a lv. 50 SJ, a lv. 17 SA and a lv.18 BH. I was going to use the BH to craft armor (with armormech) for all my non-force using toons. However, all the recipes so far buff stuff related to range DPS toons, not necessarily melee DPS. I don't full understand how aim effects melee DPS, but I do get the endurance buffs from the crafted items. I guess my question is this, is it better to craft gear for Khem or simply use commendations/mission rewards to equip him since I need gear that mainly increases strength and endurance? I know it is important to equip your companions well as you go along.

I have a lv. 50 SJ, a lv. 17 SA and a lv.18 BH. I was going to use the BH to craft armor (with armormech) for all my non-force using toons. However, all the recipes so far buff stuff related to range DPS toons, not necessarily melee DPS. I don't full understand how aim effects melee DPS, but I do get the endurance buffs from the crafted items. I guess my question is this, is it better to craft gear for Khem or simply use commendations/mission rewards to equip him since I need gear that mainly increases strength and endurance? I know it is important to equip your companions well as you go along.

Synthweaving makes Strength and Willpower gear. I won't say one way is better than the other because it depends on what you want to do and what schematics you have. Personally, I do a mix of crafting and getting armour/mods from vendors/quests because I prefer to use modifiable gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.