What does Star Wars have in common with baseball and Arizona?

I hope it's ok to post this here, I am an amazing baseball fan and wish I were closer to take advantage of what looks like a fun day of baseball and star wars in arizona on June 9

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/ari/ticketing/starwars.jsp?partnerId=ed-6004559-272562718

Along with baseball and star wars looks like a good cause as its a charity event...

I am not associated with any of this, just saw this in my email box and wanted to share with you all. If you get to go have some extra fun for me!

Edited by Persephonee

Both are currently a hot mess.

^This. I lived in Arizona back in 2001 when they won the world series as Gonzo hit a blooper over Jeter's head and drove in Jay Bell for the winning run. That was the crowning moment in Arizona sports history, imo. I've since moved, but I still follow the good ol' D-Backs whenever possible. Yes, they have a bad record lately, but they also pull out some good wins like their game against the Padres the other day. :D

As far as Star Wars goes, that T-shirt in the pic is awesome. Vader FTW!

That said, I can see some similarities. Diamondbacks started off as a great team then faded away into obscurity after a few years without a WS appearance.

Star Wars started off great with the OT, but faded away into obscurity for nearly 20 years before the prequels came out.

Neither franchise has been able to recapture the magic again, but you never know. It could happen. :)

aww u guys are no fun!

I'm not an Arizona fan but I can appreciate players across all teams and just a good time at the park..

Enjoying something for what it is can lead to an amazing experience... pointing out the weak or down side of things has to get boring and definitely takes away from the sweet side of life.

Live a little on the fun side guys.