The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can Bioware Rescue This Game?

Karabal

not going to spend a cent playing GW2?

wow you defend it to much and you dont even know it have a cash shop?

so dont tell me GW2 will be 100% free, because that is a lie, and how long will take them for make the cash shop to actually impact the game? because in GW1 the cash shop was very relevant

dont come and tell me they wont have a need to use it, do you honestly think they will keep the servers up and in good shape for year and year, with just the box they sell? lol you are being naive or just lie to yourself

The in-game cash shop won't provide unfair advantages to other players. Also you can buy things in the cash shop with in-game currency. There will always be people willing to buy silly vanity things for money.

"ArenaNet's approach is this: Microtransactions are run on a currency of gems, which are purchased with physical-world money and traded in various quantities for the goods and account services available. Players also have the option of trading their purchased gems for in-game gold -- and purchase gems with in-game gold."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/20/arenanet-expands-on-microtransactions-in-guild-wars-2/

lol very true.

GW2 according to the fanboys will change your entire life. your outlook on it and everything you will be a better person. girls/guys will like you more. you'll get a huge promotion at your job. blah blah blah.

GW2 honestly has more hype than any game i've ever seen before it. EVER and i've been tracking games since planetscape Torment!! which was back in like 1998 or '99. I've NEVER seen this much hype for a game. and with this much hype failure is destined to happen because its not possible to meet the demand.

Not true, though I suppose that would depend on if you consider me a fanboy or not, I am perfectly willing to admit it has faults. Those faults aren't game-breaking for me, for others they are and that is fine. Some people on this thread though are making comments that suggest they have never even researched the game, and criticizing something you only vaguely know about is wrong.

Have you played it? It's same ol same ol boring grind blah crap kill 10 birds bro

Swtor is dying fast, but GW2 isn't the next big thing, like everything is supposed to be the next big thing. It's boring

Your comment suggests you have never played or researched it. I'm not saying some people won't like dynamic events but to say it nothing but "same ol same ol boring grind blah crap kill 10 birds" says to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdydcMu8u5I

As far as this topic goes, yes it can be rescued. Whether or not it is is up to BioWare. I wanted to like this game and may come back to it depending on how it turns out. Since GW2 is only B2P I can enjoy both at the same time; if BioWare fixes enough of the problems I have with the game.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

Threads in this forum should be focused primarily on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and while some posts in this thread have remained on-topic the majority continue to post about other products. We encourage you to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics but are going to close this thread as it is off-topic.